▪ Chapter 14 ▪

Selfish being

" Cordelia. "

The young girl stared coldly at the older female with no evident emotions on her face. 'Figured that she would be already be in control over Yui but I didn't actually think that she would show up here.' Rui pressed her lips together and stared at her sister.
Cordelia sent a sly smile at Rui and said in a sweet tone. "My~ that's quite a stare you got there~"
Then she cupped her left cheek in her palm and leaned on it. "it's almost giving me shivers~"

The corners of Rui's pink little lips couldn't help but curve downwards into a frown. "If I could decline your offer I would."
A hint of displeasure flashed in Cordelia's eyes but she still kept unchanging smile on her face. Older female stood up and walked over to where Rui was standing.
"Oh dear~ right now you're in no position to decline my offer~" Cordelia gently brushed her finger against her own face and continued to say "Your dear sister is in my hands~"

Rui looked at the person in front of her in a complex gaze. 'Dear sister huh... it's true that I keep Yui close to heart than others that's in or was in my life but it's not enough for me to sacrifice myself for her. In the end even if I accept her offer, it would be for myself and not for another. I am a selfish being in the end.'
Rui looked at the woman in front of her thoughtfully. "In the end, I never had a choice did I."
Rui says to herself.

"Since it's like this. What now?" Rui asked.
A smile on Cordelia's face deepened as she walked over to Rui. She lifted the little girls face by her chin and said sweetly. "You just have to be with me. Stand with me at my side~ that will be enough for now."

Rui stood still while thinking about what the other female said. 'For now... huh?'
Rui's eyes narrowed slightly as she stared at the blond in front of her.
"Fine. So, how do I address you? Mother?"

Cordelia thought quietly for a while and hummed. "Hmm~ you calling me mother... doesn't feel just right~ hm.. maybe you should just call me by my name~"
Rui:'That's a little odd. Didn't she wanted me to be daughter?... well whatever is fine to be honest.' Rui mentally sighed. "Okay.. Cordelia."

"Right, this feels much better." A slight smile flashed across the womans face, a one that doesn't fit in with rest of her smiles but it only lasted for a mere moment.
That moment didn't go unnoticed by Rui.
'That expression-'

The door opened and there stood a familiar man with crimson eyes. "Cordelia, everything is ready."
"Good. Come Richter~ I have someone special for you to meet~" Cordelia said with a sickly sweet tone.
Richter's red orbs fell on Rui.
'This is kind of uncomfortable.' Rui thought but still didn't avert her gaze as if she wasn't feeling anything.

"It's you.." Richter quietly muttered while walking up to the little pinkette.
"Dear, greet Richter~" Cordelia said to the girl.
"Hello.." Rui said hesitantly.
Cordelia got behind Rui and placed her hands on the little ones shoulders then leaned down to her level.
"This is Rui, my daughter. Isn't she lovely." Cordelia sent a smile.

Richter stared at Rui with a comlex gaze then closed his eyes shortly to take the information in. "I see. If you say so then she is lovely."
Richter's eyes went back to Cordelia.
'Hmm.. This guy, he totally doesn't see me as a worthy person for him acknowledge. He just said that because of Cordelia.' Rui thought to herself.

"Hmm.. since everyone is here. Shall we go now?" Cordelia said and took the lead to leave the room followed closely by Richter.
'I guess it's expected for me to follow them. This anime... what a pain it is now.' Rui said in her mind and massaged the back of her neck as she walked.