▪ Chapter 9 ▪

That book

"-Fshhhhhhh-shh-shhh- - -"

Rui closed the faucet and finished washing her. She took a towel and wiped off the water from her face and looked at the mirror.

She lightly pressed on the bruises on her neck. "Ouch.." She hissed at the light touch. "Tch... Thank you for the kind present, Reiji." She resentfuly looked at her reflection and let out an defeated, long sigh.
"I'm sighing a lot these days, I'm probably getting old faster." She said and tossed the towel on the hanger then exited the bathroom.

The pinkette left her room to the hallway, to find something to kill time. 'Others are probably busy these days, given the fact that not many people bothered me since Reiji got his fill.'

...

Rui found a nice spot in the house for reading and been there for quiet a while now.
Next to her were pile of books stacked up on top of each other and in her hand, a thick book with a red leather cover. "Not bad for an old book." Rui mummbled while reading.

"Hey, Rui-chan" A soft voiced called the little girl from behind.
"Yui-nee?" Rui looked at the older girl, acknowledging her presence.
The blond curiously asked girl "Ne~, Rui-chan what are you reading?"

"Just a book." Rui simply responded and continued to read.
"Hmm.. I didn't know that you liked reading" Yui smiled and patted the girls head.

"I would've shown you the library in the church if I had known sooner." Yui said and sat next to the girl with a kind smile. Rui glanced at her sister 'eh... even if I did know, I doubt there will be something I'd read in the church... but-'
"I'm thankful for your feelings." The pinkette quietly says to the blonde.

After hearing Rui's response, Yui suddenly hugs the life out of the poor girl. "Rui-chan, you're so cute~" Yui says while giggling.
The little girl was squirming in the bigger female's arms, trying to break free. 'Can't-   breath-  -  -  T- ime out! Time out!!' Rui tapped on Yui's arm as gesture to stop her.

"Ah! Sorry... heh.. couldn't help it~" Yui apologetically smile and let her go. Rui finally took a deep breath and shook her head at her sister. 'As you can see, she's much more lively than when she was in the anime... maybe it's because she was constantly in fear, near the boys and couldn't show this side of hers to them.'

"Growl~ ~ grrr~ ~"

". . ."

"Mm... Yui-nee... I'm  hungry?"

Yui nodded and stood up. "Rui let's go to the kitchen. You didn't eat as well right? I'll make something for us to eat."
"Oh..Okay, I want.. crepes.. is that okay?" Rui shut her book and looked up at Yui.
Yui enthusiastically cheered yes and said before starting to walk away. "Yes, I'll teach you how to make it~ now come."

Rui stood up and followed her sister, still with the book in her hand.

Time skip: 20 minutes later, in the kitchen.

"I can do this. One more time." Rui said with a pan in her hands, and had a very serious and dark expression.

"Rui... let's leave it at that..." Yui tried to be persuasive to her little sister.
Rui:"no, I got it under control now... probably."

Yui stared at the girl horrible attempt to make crepes and thought.
'How does it even turn this color...'