Thirty Three: Manipulation Plan

( TRIGGER WARNING : A REFERENCE TO SELF HARM IN THE FIRST PARAGRAPH. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. )

-

Hadley stared down at the fresh blood on her arms as she slid the knife across her arm, the sharp silver digging into her skin. New cuts over the old scars. That one was her fourth for this time. She glanced at the bloody knife as she set it down on the edge of the sink. A teardrop fell into the sink, as well as a drop of blood from her right arm. Everyone was right She really was just a weak, pathetic, worthless girl.

A knock on the door ripped Hadley from her thoughts. She didn't intend on answering, until the knock repeated, louder and harsher. Hadley rolled her eyes and quickly wiped a majority of the blood from her arms, tossing the tissue in a metal bin in the bathroom. She closed the bathroom door behind her as she exited, completely forgetting about the knife. She grabbed a long-sleeved, black sweater and threw it on quickly to cover the cuts on her arms. She made her way over to the door, unlocking it.

The door swung open to reveal the last face Hadley wanted to see.

"Fuck off Shrimpy." Hadley said, aggressively pushing the door. Kind of in hopes that it would fall off the hinges and crush Uma. However, to her dismay, Uma stuck her foot out to stop the door from closing. Hadley reopened the door and glared at Uma. "Leave unless you want me to fucking kill you." The blue-haired girl seethed. Uma surprisingly was calm, and just stepped into the room. Hadley was confused, but wiped the tears that were still on her cheeks.

"What do you want? Don't you think you've done enough to me?" She said coldly.

"I came to give you this." Uma explained, taking off her pirate hat. "You won. It's yours now." She held it out. Hadley raised an eyebrow and hesitated at first, but then snatched it off of Uma and placed it on the bed.

"What do you really want?" Hadley questioned, crossing her arms over her chest. She winced because of the pain she felt on her arms. However, she just tried to ignore it.

"What? I can't just bring the Captain's hat to you? Like you said, if you win, I step down." Uma shrugged.

"Then leave. Buh-bye." Hadley waved, gesturing towards the door. Uma looked at Hadley and sighed. The ex-Captain stepped towards Hadley, who stepped back, finding a wall behind her. "If you want to kill me, then go ahead. I don't fucking care anymore." Hadley said almost emotionlessly.

"I don't want to kill you." Uma said simply. Hadley furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Then what the fuck do you wa--" Hadley was cut off unexpectedly by Uma. Kissing her.
After getting over the initial shock, Hadley immediately pushed Uma away, so hard that she fell into one of the bedposts. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" Hadley exclaimed, glaring at Uma. "You can't be fucking serious."

"It was the only way to tell you." Uma muttered, using the bed to help her onto her feet. Hadley continued to stare at her in shock.

"So... it's... it's just fucking okay to kiss me? After all the shit you just fucking said to me?!" She questioned, annoyance and shock filling her tone. "Don't you understand what that fucking does to me?"

"Listen, Hadle--" Uma tried to speak.

"Oh so now you're gonna call me by my name?" Hadley raised an eyebrow. "Now that you've fucking tried to kiss me and now that I've taken your crown from you?" She stepped towards Uma. "Do you want me to finish strangling you? Because that's the way you're fucking heading."