Thirty Five: Just Imagine

Hadley practically ran all the way to Grey's place, pushing and shoving past anyone who got in her way. She climbed up and took a deep breath before knocking on the window.

Greyson had finally finished putting some  of his belongings- not that he had many- in his bag when he heard a knock and he froze. There was only one person who would approach his window. He snapped out of his shock and sped to the window, opening it instantly.

Hadley was stood there, dressed in a ripped grey jumper that was huge on her clearly didn't belong to her, and tight leather leggings. There were still a few ashes floating around her head and her cheeks had tear stains on them. She sighed and looked at Grey, and without saying a word, she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him quite tightly. Grey immediately responded, wrapping his arms around her and putting his head on her shoulder.

"Hey." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry..." she muttered, burying her face in his shoulder. "I'm probably the last person you want to see right now but I had to..."

"You're the only person I want to see right now." Grey reassured her, tightening his grip.

"I overreacted..." she muttered. "I should have listened to you.... it's not your fault. I'm just a heartless bitch who only cares about herself and the impacts things have on her."

"Shhhh." He soothed. "Don't say that. That's not true."

"It is." she sighed. "I wasn't even letting you talk. I should have. I should've listened to you... but I didn't... and I got mad at you when it's not your choice..." Suddenly Grey could feel his shoulder was wet and Hadley let out a quiet sob even though she tried to hide it. Grey easily picked her up and sat on the bed, her on his lap. But unlike the other times, this was meant for comfort, not sex.

"Hads, please don't cry." He said, holding her as she buried her head in his shoulder. "I understand, Blue."

"I'm a shit friend. I'm a shit person. My dad's always been right about me. It's better that you're away from me..." Hadley sobbed into his shoulder.

"Hey where's all this coming from?" He said pulling her away. "Where's the Hadley I know?"

"I-I'm sorry..." Hadley lifted her head off his shoulder and wiped her eyes. "I don't know..."

"Look at me." He said wiping her tears. "Hadley you have to be strong. I'm not going to be here for a while. I need to know you'll be fine."

"I... I don't know..." Hadley sniffled, looking down at the floor. "I... it keeps happening... but you have to go... you're not going to be able to worry about me..."

"I have a mission to do. But I will come back." He promised.

"How do I know that? How do I know that?" She looked up at his face, tears rolling down her cheeks. "How do I know you won't change and forget just like they did? How do I know that you'll realise how much you don't need me in your life and you're better off in Auradon where I can't reach you. Where Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay are."

"Because I know what it's like to be forgotten. And you're too big of a part in my life to forget. You're my best friend." Grey replied, brushing a bit of her hair away from her face.

"Where am I supposed to go when Hook pisses me off? My dad?" she laughed dryly. "Who am I supposed to go to when I just need to talk? Like this. Just say what the fuck is on my mind because it's always an awful fucking lot." she wiped her eyes. "I don't know what I'm gonna do..."

"You will survive, 'cause that what we do on the Isle." He said. "You can always come here, and just imagine, because I'm always here." he said pointing at her chest