Christmas Time

Evelyn's POV

Turned out two vampires had heard about the Cullens fight with the Volturi. They came to help the fight. Apparently Aro also has witnesses and is bringing his whole guard. Carlisle wouldn't ask his friends to fight, but Edward did. They all agreed to fight if the Volturi didn't listen.

Bella has been working on making her gift stronger. Extending it to defend other people aside from herself. She's doing well. Anyway it's Christmas time.

Bella is bringing Renesmee to Charlie's house as he doesn't know about vampires and it'd be to dangerous for two humans in the Cullens house. Sue and him are practically a couple now. So she, Leah and Seth are joining us for Christmas. Along with Jacob of course.

"You sure there's enough food?" Charlie asks me.

"There's plenty; just make sure Leah, Seth and Jacob don't ate it all" I tell him smiling. Just then Seth and Leah arrived with Sue. Charlie let them in and we greeted them happily. The two wolves immediately dug into the food while Charlie and Sue waited for the other four to arrive. Soon Bella and Edward arrived with Renesmee & Jacob.

"Aunt Evy!" Renesmee cheers hugging me.

"Hello sweetheart, there's someone waiting for you in the lounge" I tell her smiling. She smiles back and runs into the lounge. I hear her shout Jake's name and a chuckle. I enter the lounge and we decide to exchange presents. After Bella returns from doing her errands. So the rest of us enjoy lunch, except for Edward.

"Evy, are you still coming over tonight?" Edward asks me. The tomorrow the Volturi will arrive. Luckily it's Saturday tomorrow.

"Yes, I'm all packed" I tell him smiling. "Have your cousins from Denali arrived yet?" I ask.

"Yes, they are looking forward to seeing you again" he states.

"So am I" I say smiling. Soon Bella returns. Charlie announced that it was present time. "Let's go! Seth, Leah, stop eating" I tell them. They do so and we all gather around the tree.

"Jake, you start" Charlie tells him. Jacob passes a present to Renesmee.

"What did you get me?" Seth asks Leah.

"I'm not giving you anything" she tells him smirking.

"Hey! No, come on, what did you get me?" Seth asks whining.

"Well, Dad, we didn't have time to wrap yours, but here it is" Bella states handing him a piece of paper. "It's a 5-day fishing trip to Fraser River. It's for you and Sue" she explains.

"You leave tomorrow" Edward adds.

"Wow, that's really nice. Thank you. Tomorrow? I can't leave tomorrow" Charlie states.

"Yes, you can" I say smiling.

"We made arrangements for you at work" Sue adds.

"Sneaky and extravagant" Charlie says smiling at Sue.

"And non-refundable, I'm afraid" Edward tells him.

"You three trying to get rid of me?" Charlie asks us.

"Of course, I plan on throwing a big party" I say sarcastically.

Charlie chuckles and says "because it's working. Fraser River. That means we'll be chasing Cutthroat" he tells Sue.

"We might even hook a Rainbow or some Bulls" Sue tells him.

"The woman knows her trout" Charlie says smiling. "No parties" he tells me and I giggle. I see Bella help Renesmee put on the bracelet Jacob gave her.

"Renesmee, this is from me" I say smiling handing her a gift. "It was my mother's, your great grandmother's and mine. Now I pass it down to you" I tell her. She opens it to reveal a swan bracelet. (Bracelet: https://rojaai.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/18k-Gold-Plated-Luxury-Swan-Bracelet-3.jpg)

"Isn't that the bracelet grandfather gave grandmother as an engagement gift?" Bella asks me.

"Yes" I say smiling as Renesmee puts it on. "I wanted you to have, so that you'll always remember you're a Swan. Not just a Cullen" I tell Renesmee.

"I won't forget" she promises me. We finish exchanging gifts and I say our goodbyes. Then return to the Cullens place. "I'm going to go show Aunt Rose and Grandma (Esme) my bracelets" Renesmee tells us smiling. Before running off to find them while we chuckle.

"So what's on the agenda tonight?" I ask the others.

"A bonfire" Jacob states. We join the others in a small clearing not far from the house. "That's what I'm talkin' about. A little pre-battle bonfire, telling war stories" he says smiling. "Or just standing there like frickin' statues" he mumbles. I'm now in warmed clothes as I sit beside him. Suddenly Garret appears on a log joining us.

"Name any American battle, I was there" he tells us.

"Little big horn" I say smiling.

"I came this close to biting Custer, but the Indians caught him first" he states smiling. Kate appears and sits on his lap. As more vampires join the forming circle.

"Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople, he didn't win that one on his own" she tells us smirking.

"If you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years War. No one does rebellion like the Irish" Liam states. I frown in confusion.

"You lost the eleven years war" Garret tells him.

"Aye, but it was one hell of a rebellion" Liam tells us smiling.

"That it was" I giggle remembering the paper I did on it. I notice the time and sigh. "I'm going to bed, us humans need their beauty sleep" I state standing up. Esme and Carmen follow me back to the house. Where I'm shown to a guest room. I thank them and crawl under the covers.

"There's food in the fridge and pantry. Feel free to make breakfast in the morning" Esme tells me. I nod my head. "We'll be gone before you wake" she adds before leaving with Carmen.

A/N

Picture above of Swan family Christmas tree and picture on the external link of Evelyn's Christmas outfit.