s i x

Smiles.

Constant smiles were spread on their faces as they held hands in the day and held each other closer in the night.

They felt like they yearned for the other more each and everyday as a lot of his thoughts were about her and that was all that seemed to matter to him.

That his demons were silenced because of her.

well for now

And every time he saw the smile that spread on Lenita's made him smile because he knew he was the only one that could make her feel the way she does.

Moments like this only lasted so long as nothing between them could last forever; the smiles and the laughter anyways.

And as much as Harry wanted to keep that smile on her face, he still had many demons of his own that he had to face and the smiles that were plastered on his face were slowly becoming more sadder and they didn't seem as genuine as they were before.

A night like this he knew his parents would be home and Lenita often managed to avoid them either working or having a late class.

This time however she was snuggled against him in the evening, trying to figure out what they were doing for their assignment instead it turning to constant giggles and cuddles and quick pecks to the lips.

They were so lost in each other that they didn't hear the door open and the footsteps entering the living room and it was pretty much too late for them to move apart when they heard someone clearing their throat.

"Mom. Dad," he said spoke slowly, Lenita removing herself from his before getting up to greet his parents with shy eyes and a wavering smile.

"Harry," his dad spoke before nodding his head to Lenita; popping the fakest smile. "And who is this?"

"Lenita," she spoke quietly. "I'm... uh, Harry's friend," she said in panic and she didn't want to turn and look at the hurt eyes right beside her and the glint of amusement in his fathers.

"I'm not surprised, Harry doing this with all his friends of course," he remarked and she didn't want that sentence to hurt but it did as she fidgeted from one foot to the other, gripping the sleeves of her oversized sweater.

"Well uh, I should get going," she told them as she turned to picked up her glasses and books before timidly going up the stairs

And she wish his words didn't hurt, she wish she had enough trust for the words to echo in her ears and heart to twist in pain.

She was fragile, anything could break her really.

But for now she held it in, packing her things.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked quietly, almost in fear or perhaps in a panic as he saw her with dull eyes with her head down, solely focusing on leaving.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm leaving," she said with a stern tone.

Any other girl he'd simply let go as they were only used to forget about the pain and loneliness he felt.

Not Lenita.

Not when she filled the void permanently and he could no longer bare the thought of him without her.

He always wanted her. Now he needed her.

"What? You don't need to leave because my parents are here."

"But that's exactly why I can't be here, Harry," she said closing her bag and turning to him.

She was missing half of her things with some of them being in his second drawer and her toothbrush in the washroom along with her contacts.

She couldn't think. She couldn't think with him with her.

Perhaps that was one of the many reasons he was no good for her.

"Because to them I'm just another girl you bring home."

She needed to leave.

"You're not."

"I'm not?" She asked. However, the question wasn't asked in hope, it was asked in sarcasm and tiredness.

She just needed to pack the rest of her things.

"No Nita..." He trailed off, grasping her hands in his. And every time when he touched her, kissed her, held her he felt warm and loved and wanted.

That's why he could never let her go.

"You're not just another girl I bring home. You're someone I want to wake up to every morning and lay with every time I fall asleep. I want to know that I'm the one making you smile and I'm the one that soothes you when tears run down your eyes."

He had deception written in his eyes and although he was spewing out nothing but the truth he still had lies underneath his tongue.

Yet he hid them with a small smile and glossy eyes and the words he were saying weren't lies but everything else was.

"You want that? With me- you want that?" And his thumbs wiped under her wet stained eyes as he moved himself closer to her. She felt stuck, she almost hated how quick she was to let him back in.

"Always."

He pecked her forehead, grasping her face in the palms of his hands; and that's how he had her.

In the palms of his hands.

"I just.. I'm so used to feeling like a castaway. I'm tired of feeling like no one really wants me," she managed to utter because she hated being so vulnerable, she usually hid her feelings so well.

Not with him.

"I want you, I'll always want you."

"I want you to."

"And you're mine, right? Only mine?"

The question made her shiver as he looked at his green eyes that looked hopeful and vulnerable even though it was only lies to make it seem that way.

And Harry knew that beneath the rugged scars that laid upon her skin and the tears that have constantly left her eyes and the timid smile she was weak.

"So darling, are you mine? He asked again but he already knew her answer, everything was going according to his plan after all.

She nodded her head as she kissed his lips until they were pink and swollen and their lips grew weary.

However, they couldn't get enough of each other.

"Yours."

And the first time his lips didn't lie as he placed her head in the crook of his neck deception shown in his smile.

𝑯𝒊 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒊 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒖𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅  𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒎 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒖𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒊 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒐𝒇𝒇