Chapter 14

Tyler's POV

I laced my fingers in between Tiana's as we made our way into the nicely decorated multipurpose hall at around 7:30pm. The hall was dimly lit and the only thing illuminating it was the different lights. At least it was bright enough for everyone to see each other.

"Wow! This is huge!" Tiana commented as she looked around.

"Ada and Charles did a really good job. I'm impressed." I nodded my head and looked around. I sighted the guys talking close to a round table for probably ten people, dressed on their own cultural wear.

"Speaking of which, there they are. Come on." I held her hand for us to go but I felt she was hesitant. I looked back and saw her looking uneasy. "What's wrong, Tiana." I asked in concern.

"I don't think they would want me sitting with them." She told me and I realized she wasn't the groups favourite person. I sighed.

"Look, forget about them. You are here with me, focused on me. I won't let them spoil our night, I promise." I told her and she sighed, nodding. I smiled and walked with her to where the guys were.

Charles spotted us first and signaled the others who turned and gave us a one over. I felt Tiana wince uncomfortably and I gave her hand a gentle squeeze, my thumb drawing sooting circles at back of her palm.

I quickly accessed everyone and their dressing. They were all matching with different colours. Kelvin and Lyla had matching coral coloured lace. Charles was in a red and champagne gold attire, probably matching with Ada who was no where in sight. Then the power couple, Joel and Zaria matching with a blue and red lace.

Damn, they went all out!

"Hey guys." I smiled, giving the guys a bromance hug.

"What's up na. We were thinking you bailed." Joel said.

"Of course. I just had a little bit of issues to handle with. Then I had to pick up Tiana." I looked at her and gave her a smile. She smiled back genuinely. Their attention turned to her.

"Hi Tiana." Charles gave a curt wave and small smile.

"Hey. Hi guys." She smiled at everyone who decided to give her a curt wave or a 'what's up' nod. It was better than nothing anyway.

"Oh my God!" Ada suddenly exclaimed as she walked up to us. Apparently she went to check if everything was set. She was dressed in a red and gold lace Charles had on. We looked at her and I saw her eyes were on Tiana.

"I love your dress." She moved close to Tiana and accessed her from head to toe. Not in a weird way but in a more admirable way.

"Thank you. I made it myself." Tiana smiled.

"Shut up!" Lyla suddenly exclaimed from no where and accessed the dress. I looked up and saw Zaria scowling a little. "It's beautiful." Lyla added.

"Thanks." Tiana smiled.

"Don't tell me you did your makeup and styled your hair by yourself. I'll just die!" Ada grinned wider.

"I actually did." Tiana replied.

"Gosh!! You helping me with mine. You look so hot!" Ada squeaked.

"I don't mind actually. Did you bring your makeup knits?" Tiana asked.

"Yes. Follow me." Ada held Tiana's hand and pulled her along.

"I'm coming too." Lyla screamed out and followed behind. I smiled as I felt a little lightheaded that Ada and Lyla were kinda warming up to her.