EIGHT!

THE ANTLERS - ATROPHY

"IN YOUR DREAMS, I'M A CRIMINAL, HORRIBLE, SLEEPING AROUND,                                                                     WHILE YOUR AWAKE I'M IMPOSSIBLE, CONSTANTLY LETTING YOU DOWN."

The door had shut behind her, and now it had sunk in that the friendship she had with Wyatt had disintegrated, she had been thrown overboard, washing up alone on an empty deserted beach, she had no one in clear sight of her, she was alone.

She didn't know where to go, she refused to head towards home when her tortured sibling still roams the rich halls of their parent's wealth. She couldn't see Finn just yet, the mark of last night's tragedy still fresh in both of their minds, she didn't want to see her friends, because they often did not see the more vulnerable sad side she had to her. In their eyes she was dubbed as a high-status fun-loving, free-spirited girl, she couldn't show up on one of their doorsteps looking so defeated.

She walks down the stairs one last time, walking past the sign that recognizes the old grand motel lot that now had been replaced. She sighs, her eyes glancing over his room once more. Memories flood through an open gate in her mind, pulling her under as she replays old thoughts of the boy she had grown so fond of seeing. Lots of high school friendships don't last, but she felt deflated, she turns back around, eyes watering at what had become of her homes, is no longer a welcoming spot.

Her shoulders dropping as she stares at both directions, one led her home, whilst the other led her into the city, to the bar.

It seemed like an obvious choice, either face the ridicule of a pessimistic condescending brother or go to a club and forget by drinking intoxicating drinks, she turned to the path that led her to the booze, cuddling herself as she slowly walked down the streets to the infamous glowing neon sign, which didn't have much of a flash to it in early morning hours, she continued to walk towards it, heading inside to spot saddened faces, the crowd and atmosphere was a complete contrast to what it usually is like a twelve hours later.

Lots of hopeless drunks sit around lazily on bar stools, old men or the occasionally dopey faced twenty years old who's skin was falling and aging at the young age, droopy swollen red eyes and cracked lips, shaved heads, stretchy skin, puke decorating the front of the front of white shirts. She stuck out in the depressed crowd, slipping into a free seat nonetheless, a bartender comes over to the girl's aid, Freya insisting for the strongest drink she could have, the money didn't matter, the obscure looks she got from around her were blocked out, she just needed to forget.

She sat between a large man, a scary man with faded tattoos on his face, neck, and arms, his skin sagged as he tipped the beer bottle and chugged the substance, he looked no younger than sixty, she gazed at him, imagining what everyone else would be like when they get older, she could imagine Wyatt turning out as a hopeless sad drunk, he's practically already cursed himself for this life. Finn, well she had trouble imagining him like this, or maybe it was her brain stopping her from seeing a sight she didn't want to lay her eyes on, she turns away, looking to her left.

He sits them, with black hair gelled back, his face, neck, and arms covered with an equal amount of faded and fresh tattoos, he had an unusual look to him, piercings spread around his face, one on his eyebrow, two in his nose and one on his lip, his face had cuts and bruises, his ears stuck out from his long amounts of thick black strands, his eyebrows were a light blonde color, his lips painted with a dark black, she had never laid her eyes upon such a weird man.

"What are you looking at darl?" He says, turning his head to meet the girls stare, his eyes are large, with red contact lenses in, he looks freaky, she doesn't know what to say, he continues to look at her, flashing her a quick smile before returning into a scowl, his teeth are a piss yellow, she can't help but internally criticize this man as a lunatic.