Introduction

Disclaimer: I do not own these stories, These are cool scary stories I found or did research on. They come from reddit (mainly) or from scary folklore sites.

They're whispered around campfires and passed down from generation to generation. They spark fear in the hearts and minds of children and adults alike. Their subjects take many shapes, be they bloodthirsty creatures of the night, vengeance-seeking ghouls, or sinister vortices. And each time they are told, the terror spreads.

America is a country rich in Folklore, a place where cautionary tales have always been mixed into the pot and sprinkled into our collective nightmares. Yet some of our nation's eeriest and most persistent stories, whether because they're rooted in community lore or used as means to synthesize local tragedy, don't travel far. Never fear (or actually, please dofear): we've tracked down the creepiest urban legends in all 50 states and the macabre bunch of stories is certain to freak you out, no matter where you live.

Have you been hearing bumps in the night? Have you seen flickers of light in the sky? How about shadows in rural forests? You're not alone. Americans have been seeing odd phenomena and coming up with scary stories and legends to explain them for centuries. We've gathered some of the best, most obscure, and creepiest urban legends in the United States to spook your friends! But be warned: Our list of lesser-known and scary urban legends by state might have you checking your own backyard.

Some urban myths and legends veer toward the ridiculous and silly, while some are terrifying and true, or close to it. These are some of the scariest urban legends in every state, some based on real stories.

Scary urban legends are rarely factually verified but do reveal important truths about our deepest, darkest fears. Embracing these fears by sharing them with a group is a way of confronting and coping with those things that scare us most.

So, one dark night -- maybe by the light of a campfire, during a sleepover, or just enjoying a quiet evening with friends -- try sharing one of these tales of terror... if you dare!

°°°°°°°°°^^°°°°°°°°
Remember to Vote and Comment! I would appreciate if my story could get some love.

Have a good day and Stay Safe... Remember, Don't read these at night.