The Dead Carnival Corpse

This one's not so well-known, but is creepy as hell nonetheless.

The carnival arrived in town, which was always a cause for celebration among the local kids. On the opening night, they herded to the field, ready to stuff themselves with candy floss and try out all the rides.

The Funhouse was particularly alluring, with its usual colourful models and noises. The children were especially amazed by the fake mummy, which lay in a coffin. They took turns prodding it, daring to touch its face and hands.

Suddenly, one of the kids began to cry, and ran out of the Funhouse, terrified. His friends asked what was the matter, and he replied, "that wasn't a fake mummy, that was a real dead body." The others laughed, thinking he was being over-imaginative and babyish.

The kid went home and told his mother, who was sufficiently concerned by his description of the mummy to call the police. The police duly investigated, and do you know what? Turns out the kid was right. The carnival had been exhibiting a dead body all along.

Believe it or not - this urban legend is actually based on truth. In 1976, a film crew were using a carnival as a backdrop, and moved one of the props - a supposedly fake 'hanging man'. An arm fell off, which revealed that this man certainly wasn't fake! The carnival owners had stolen his corpse and taken it on the road with them.

>>>>>>>>>
Remember to Vote and Comment! I would appreciate if my story could get some love. I appreciate all who took their time to read my book.

Have a good day and Stay Safe