Humans Can Lick too

I used to hate this urban legend, so apologies if it freaks you out too.

The story goes that a teenage girl was given a dog by her parents to keep her amused, not to mention provide company while they were out of town. She loved the dog so much that she let it sleep under her bed, where it would occasionally lick her fingers when she reached down.

One night, her parents were away, and the girl went to bed as usual, saying goodnight to her dog as he curled up on his cushion under the bed. She nodded off, then woke at some point in the night, startled by a dripping noise coming from somewhere in the house.

Like any rational person, the girl presumed she’d left a tap running and got up to turn it off. She returned, settled back against the mattress, and dropped her hand to pet her dog. Soon, she felt the familiar wet warmth of his tongue against her fingers. In fact, the dog seemed more eager than usual, licking at her every time her hand slipped off the bed.

Suddenly, she realised she could hear dripping again. Once more, she clambered out of bed, went to the bathroom, and pulled the sink tap tightly, even though no water seemed to be coming from it. The girl returned, climbed back into bed and let her dog lick her hand again.

Only a few minutes later, she was aware of the dripping again. The girl was now freaking out. She knew that the taps in the bathroom were fine, so what the hell was causing the noise? Standing up, she strained her ears to identify where the sound was coming from. Then she realised – the dripping was coming from inside her cupboard.

The girl pulled open the door, not expecting to see anything. Instead, she was horrified to see her dog, hanging by the neck, throat slashed, blood dripping to the floor. There was a note around its collar, with big printed words upon it, which read, “Humans can lick too.”

>>>>>>>>>
Remember to Vote and Comment! I would appreciate if my story could get some love. I appreciate all who took their time to read my book.

Have a good day and Stay Safe