{ 16 | Faith }

Have you ever felt like you were suffocating, drowning? It's a feeling that no one would ever like. You feel like you're dying and there's no way to get out of it. You're stuck, just watching life go by and not having a say. That's how I currently felt.

"Babe, it's great to finally find you." I recognized that voice. I didn't know what to do, still in shock that he was here. I backed away from Colton, ignoring the weird feeling in my stomach. I was about to kiss him, but that was a thought for a different time.

"Nick." I whispered. He looked the same. He still had shaggy blond hair with his lifeless brown eyes. His ears were pierced and the tattoo on his bicep that had me drooling was still there, peaking out of his shirt. He looked the same, if not better. I'm sure girls were all over him the minute he stepped on campus.

"Babe, it's been too long. You didn't even say goodbye." He said, becoming slightly serious at the end. His stare narrowed as he saw who I was with. Colton's hand that had been previously on my cheek, moved to around my waist. It was comforting and the only reason I wasn't shaking.

"You didn't deserve one." I said with disgust. Nick's smile formed into a frown. I gulped. He was angry. I made him angry.

"How about you just walk away before I beat the shit out of you." Colton spoke up. His tone was laced with venom, making me slightly even scared of the situation.

"And who the fuck are you?" Nick asked with disgust. His eyes were narrowed so thin, i'm sure lasers were about to come out of his eyes.

"Her boyfriend. Now scram." Colton replied. I gulped. If we were anywhere else, with anyone else, i'd be freaking out about Colton saying he was my boyfriend. But, right now is not the time.

"That's funny. I don't recall her ever breaking up with me." Nick smirked. I felt all the boys' stares on me. I looked down at my lap. It was going to come out eventually.

"I thought that when I told you that I wouldn't be with a cheating bastard, that was me breaking up with you. If it wasn't, we are done. Now, please, leave me alone." I said, pleading. Colton's hold on me tightened. I didn't want to relive those painful memories but it was too late. I was going to be forced to tell him.

"I didn't fucking cheat on you." Nick said. I scoffed.

"So, sleeping with Sierra and the triplets isn't cheating? Or, what about making out with Quinn when i'd go to the bathroom?" I replied. I felt my anger start to rise.

"That's not cheating, if i'm not getting any from you." Nick answered. My mouth dropped open. The nerve of this guy.

"How about you leave her alone." I heard Wes say. I was too in shock to even reply. Even after breaking up with him over six months ago, he still isn't claiming responsibility.

"Don't tell me this bitch has three boyfriends, claiming i'm the cheater." Nick said with another scoff.

"We're actually her bodyguards and that's her boyfriend. Now leave, before we break that ugly ass face of yours." Wes responded.

"I don't have time to deal with your bullshit. This isn't over Faith." Nick said with narrowing eyes. I didn't move, not wanting to anger him anymore. He then turned around, walking towards the exit. When he stepped out, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Faith, are you alright?" Colton asked above a whisper. I nodded. Tears threatened to fall, but I wasn't going to cry over that ass. He doesn't deserve it.

"I just need a second." I said. I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing. I inhaled and then exhaled. "Okay, ask."

"Ask what?" Justin asked. I let out a humorless chuckle.