Chapter 12

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." –Anatole France

"Animals are such agreeable friends—they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms." –George Eliot

Serenity's P.O.V.

After I and Sean leave the restaurant, we both head on back to his place. From the way Sean was holding the steering wheel, I knew he was not thrilled over what had happened. Who was that Paisley girl? She and Sean have to be close to one another, right? Should I ask him? I don't want to make him upset. Sean did say he's never dated so she can't be an ex of his. The only thing I can think of is that she's a friend of his. Back at the mansion, all the lights were out. Everyone must be asleep by now or someplace else. Inside Sean lead's me up to his bedroom and shuts the door behind him before laying back on his king-size bed. I could hear him growling lowly. I slowly walk towards him sitting on the bed next to him placing my hand on his cheek rubbing it gently. His gaze softens looking at me it's as if I can understand what he's feeling. This mate thing is kind of scary and cool at the same time.

"I'm sorry you had to see that Serenity."

"Hey, it's all good. But I have to ask who is that girl to you?"

Not going to beat around the bush and just think he'll tell me. If I want answers, I'll ask for them any chance I get. Does that make me a bad person?

"That girl's name is Paisley is a member of the Dark Moon pack and she's a good friend of mine since I was in high school. Her father and my father are good friends."

So, I was right on them just being friends. However, I can see being friends doesn't sit well with her.

"It looked to me that she has feelings for you."

Sean sat up from his position rubbing his temple.

"The day she told me she was in love with me I rejected her feelings on the spot because the only one who can be at my side is you, my mate."

A blushed formed on my face making my heart suddenly beat fast from his words. I have never felt this feeling before. No words can describe just how much I'm falling for this man. I've only known him for a couple day's and I'm already head over heels. I don't want to rush anything in this, but I know one thing for sure. I do want to be with him.

"Dose Paisley not have a mate of her own?" She's a werewolf so she should have a mate.

"I'm not sure if she's found her mate yet. I'm looking forward to that day so she could finally get over me."

My poor Sean, he has it rough with all this craziness that goes on. This will take some time to get used to it.

"Speaking of mate's Serenity, David invited me and hopefully if you agree to go with him visiting his mate's grave."

Oh my god. I had no idea about David's mate past away. I feel so sorry for him.

"I would be honored to go. How long has it been since his mate's death?"

"About a hundred years," Sean said with a straight face.

Hundred years!? That's so flipping long ago that it's insane. Right. I forgot that David is a vampire and vampires live for a very long time. So, David has been living with the pain of losing his mate for over a hundred years. Talk about deep sorrow that I don't think I'll ever understand. I rubbed my eyes feeling sleep wanting to take over.

"Time for sleep my love. We'll talk more in the morning."

Sean is right. I get up from the bed to head back to the guest room till Sean stopped me pulling me back to the bed.