Chapter 13

I have never met a vampire personally, but I don't know what might happen tomorrow.- Unknown

Cute is when a person's personality shines through their looks. Like in the way they walk, every time you see them you just want to run up and hug them. -- Unknown

Sean's P.O.V.

"Darren, I need you to gather some information for me. I got a call from one of the royal pack's warriors saying that some unknown rouges have entered into my domain."

"Understood alpha. I'll get on that right away."

"Alpha, please allow me to look after your mate in secret. I'm getting a bad feeling leaving her unprotected." David said turning into his small bat form.

As much as I hate to not be there and protect my mate, I have a responsibility as alpha to take care of what could be a possible threat to my pack and innocent bystanders.

"Take care," I said.

"I will my friend."

I was now left alone in my office making calls to other packs around the border to find out if any rouges have passed through. Not knowing who these rouges are is very troublesome, to say the least. The one thing that concerns me is not feeling any sort of danger at the mention of them. The royal pack warrior sounded very chill about the whole thing.

"Hey, brother! Long time no see! Dad told me you found your mate; I like to meet her." Owen my younger brother shouted barging into my office like he's the boss. "I hear she's smoking hot."

That one comment had me growling in a warning manner. Nobody and not even my brother can call my mate hot. He's lucky he's my brother and that I don't rip his throat out.

"Chill bro. I was only messing around. I won't call her hot ever. I like to live and meet my mate someday. Can't do that if I'm dead."

"Should have thought of that before even saying it."

"Is this what having a mate does to you? Not sure if I'm ready for it."

"Your still young Owen. You have yet to fully understand the meaning of having a mate."

He's still thinking that having a mate is an annoying thing. I wonder what got him thinking this way.

"What's the real reason for you being here? I know for a fact that you're not here just to see how I'm doing."

"Is that really how you think of me, brother?"

I raised my brow at him.

"Okay fine. I wanted to talk to you about David. I think he should be with his kind."

Am I hearing this right? I thought Owen was over the fact that David is a vampire. I understand that he does not trust vampires because his best friend was killed by a vampire. But he needs to understand that David is different. I know David would never betray me or the pack for any reason. He swore loyalty to me and the Alpha King.

"Owen you need to let this go. David is a part of the Midnight Rain pack and always will be. You have no say in this. You need to respect my choices and my friend."

"Vampires are heartless blood-sucking monsters! One day he will turn his back on you!"

This is getting irritating.

"We could knock him out and when he wakes up tell him he hit his head." Noir suggested.

As much as I would love to do that, I need to act more professional. Setting a good example is best no matter how badly I like to slug him.

"Owen my decision is final. David stays no matter what you have to say. It's time you let go of the past and move on. If that's all you have to say please leave. I have some work that needs to be taken care of."

Owen left my office slamming the door hard. The vibration of the slam caused a frame on my wall to fall.

Was I too hard on him?

David's P.O.V.

I watched Serenity and Melody with intense eyes making sure they were both safe as they continued to help heal the poor horses that were injured in that accident. From time to time I would see this one doctor look at Serenity a couple of times. He even had the nerve to touch her arm and make it seem like it was an accident. I can't believe some men still do that. Seeing that made me cringe and think of how badly Sean would kill this guy for touching his mate. I would pay big money to see that.

I got closer to the window when I notice the guy talk to Serenity.

"Serenity, can we talk for a sec. There is something I like to ask you."

"Sure. Is something the matter Todd?"

"I was wondering if you like to go out for some coffee sometime. You know like a date?"

This man has some real balls. I bagged my body onto the window catching their attention. Serenity walked over to the window opening noticing me and my cute little face.

"What was that?" Todd asked.

"Just a cute bat wanting attention." Serenity replied holding me in her arms. She so knew it was me.

"Cute? Bats are ugly."

This man must die!

Serenity gasped pulling me closer in-between her breasts. Oh god, Sean would kill me if he saw this! Best to keep this to myself.

"How could you say that? He is the cutest bat I have ever seen!" She pouted turning away. "And no, I cannot go on a date with you because I already have a boyfriend. If you will excuse me, I will take my leave."

"Please wait!" Todd grabbed Serenity's arm pulling her back. This guy really can't take no for an answer! In an instant, I bit down on his finger making him yelp pulling away.

"That damn thing bit me!"

"That's what you get for grabbing me so suddenly. You scared the poor little guy."

Serenity left the room heading outside where no one was around.

"Okay, David. Why are you here?"

"To watch over you. Sean wants you protected at all times. He worries greatly."

I could see Serenity smile thinking of how caring Sean is. It was the same look Emilia gave me. This is starting to hurt thinking of her.

"Well. I guess it's okay then. Oh. David. I would love to accompany you when you visit your mate."

I looked at her my little glossy eyes watered with my pointy ears moving down. Don't cry! I can't cry! But it was not working. Tears ran down my furry face as Serenity held me close patting my tiny body.

"Just let it out. It's okay to cry."

Serenity held me in her arms till my eyes felt heavy and me passing out. The last thing I remember Serenity saying was "Love will find you again." 

"