The furious Mr. Larsen

Letting out a huff, I slumped on the stairs, providing my butt and legs some rest.

My arms held the bunch of folders tight against my chest. Sweat trickled down my spine and forehead from all the marathons I did using the staircase between the third and fifth floor. Not only me, the entire office was racing in this marathon that Adrian Larsen held kindly giving us this project. Even one minute late became a crime here now. So waiting for the elevator was out of the question.

I had never seen the employees here working so fast before. That Larsen king wouldn't accept any default and sluggishness under his command. He was making sure he wouldn't have to face any kind of loss where he invested his money. He had set his eyes on here like a hawk all the time, if not him, then it would be his soldiers.

I still remember the shock I got when Alex told me he was the one who gave this company this project. Though it was a good news for this company, it was a very very bad one for me and my sanity. Facing him more often than I would've liked, was challenging. Well, removing his gaze from me alone was hard. That man didn't know when to stop!

Just the other day when Sam and I were discussing some work with him, his eyes were on me the whole time.

I didn't even know if he had given any attention to what Sam was babbling about.

"What?" I snapped.

Did anyone else noticing him staring at me mattered to him?

A flat no!

He titled his head. That infuriating little sly smirk of his tugged at the corner of his mouth. "What?"

He reacted like he didn't know what I was asking.

"Staring at people is creepy, Mr. Larsen. You know that, right?" I scowled.

Sam stood there gaping at me, seeing someone talk to The Adrian Larsen in that manner. I didn't want to react. I knew that's what Adrian Larsen wanted. He enjoyed my reaction for some uncouth reasons.

But I had had enough. His presence, his smell, his beautiful face and his irritating lingering electric blue gaze tampered with my nerves.

"When it's free to enjoy a beautiful view, one shouldn't lose the chance," he replied, roaming his gaze on every inch of my body.

While Sam had coughed uncomfortably in his hand, I stood there comprehending what to take out of his words.

A compliment that he called me beautiful, or an insult that he'd depicted me a view free for his eyes to enjoy.

That asshat!

Two weeks have passed since I joined here, and I think I have lost twenty-two pounds.

Being new and totally inexperienced, it became a lot more difficult for me to catch up with everything. Alex assigned Shawn to teach me all the rules and work, his years of experience and also being a good friend of mine helped. But even being friends doesn't come handy if they become your superior. At least not in my case.

Getting me almost as an assistant, that little mouse took me and my words for granted: I want to work here as an ordinary employee, no special treatment.

Now I was rethinking my decision.

But I was getting to learn a lot of things in such a short period of time, so no complaints. The more I worked hard, the more I would get to learn, the more I would be able to prove myself to everyone.

With a new determination, I got up and took the folders to Sasan, the head of the finance department, as Shawn instructed.

Thank God that the devil wasn't here today to ruin my resolve.