Confession

*2022 edited*

Jake's pov

I can't do it anymore. I need him.

It's gym period and I'm waiting for him in the locker room. He finally comes in and avoids any kind of eye contact with me like usual.

I caught him looking at me a few times but he just looks away when I look up. He takes a long time in the locker room making him last to be in here.

He gets up to leave but I rush towards him and grab his hand. When he turns to look back his eyes are flickering again. I guess he gave up cause they stopped flickering and he fully turned around.

"What do you want?"

"Look, Nathan, I can't do this anymore, I hate this sick feeling"

"You hate it? I got the worse of it and you only just started!"

"Well maybe if you weren't being stubborn you wouldn't have to feel that way!"

He glared at me and I regretted my words..

"Maybe if you never acted like a child we wouldn't have been in this situation in the first place!"

"What do you want from me then! What can I do to make you stop rejecting me?"

"Nothing! I've had enough of you as it is just leave me alone!"

His voice echoed around the empty room and we both sat in silence. I let go of his hand but before he could run off I asked one more time.

"I know you don't want to die. Being apart from each other only makes this much worse... I know I've been shitty-"

"No kidding."

"But.. Can you just think about this? I mean is it really worth dying over?"

He paused

"Yeah actually. It is."

*Nathan's pov*

Maybe I'm going too far. I'm not sure I care though. After so much negativity, it's just unrealistic to be all lovey-dovey with someone that made living already bad enough. I refuse to give into whatever the moon goddess has set me up for. If I can't control my own place in this world or who I get to love then so fucking be it. I won't be a slave to this bonding thing. I have the chance to end this and I'm taking it.

I left the locker room feeling a little lighter. A little too light actually. The bright lights were starting to make me nauseous and my stomach turned. I leaned against the wall trying to catch my breath that I had apparently lost. Maybe this is too much...

"Nate?"

Jake walked over and held me causing sparks in my body. I quickly pushed him away.

"Don't touch me... I'm fine."

I wish that were true though..

"Let me help, please.. I know I really hurt you and again I'm sorry but I can't just stand by and watch you die."

"I.. I bet you would've wanted to before."

"This isn't about before, Nathan! I been wanting to prove to you that won't be like before!"

"It doesn't matter! You think just because you've stopped ridiculing me and hitting me that gets you in the clear?"

"No, but it should show you that I was willing to work towards that! Don't you think that's enough?"

"No! It's not! One week doesn't nearly equate at least a year's worth of torment! So excuse me for not wanting to fuck you to live, but I'm tired of not being in control of my own life for once!"

I pushed myself up off the wall, making my way towards the exit. I wasn't concerned with school anymore. I just wanted to rest...

I just wanted.. to rest..

"-athan!"