Guilty

*2022 edited*

Jake's pov

I really messed up... I should've listened to him.

His scent lingered in front of me and I was ready to go after him but I couldn't. I didn't want to admit it but I know most of this is my fault. I didn't stay with him like I was supposed to, anything could've happened.

I swallowed my pride and started running after his scent but another scent was mixing with his and it was pissing me off. I ran after the smells. I didn't know the other smell but it was familiar. As I got closer to my house the smell disappeared.

"Dammit!"

I tried to listen to his thoughts. They were cloudy like if he was sleep but I could hear what was happening.

That wasn't his voice... Fucking Mason!

I felt body explode from rage as I ran faster than I have before trying to concentrate on Nathan's smell. His scent was covered somehow but it was still traceable. I ran towards the faint smell while still listening to his surroundings.

Then I feel Mason touching him. He wasn't moving but he was conscious. He was filled with anger and fear but again, so was I.

I ran as fast as I could towards his smell while feeling a shift in my body.

My fur blew in the wind as my speed increased. I made it towards a house at the edge of town that strongly held my mates smell. I changed back and ran towards the door. I tried to twist the lock but it wouldn't budge. I heard a scream that made my blood evaporate from my body.

"H-help! Jake! A-anyone! I can't- help"!

I punched the door open and rushed to his smell.

"Ja-Jake!"

He must have smelled me coming. I opened the door and he had his leg tied to a metal part on the bed. No... sliver.

I couldn't touch the sliver for obvious reasons and for me to get to him I needed to touch it...

"Nate... I'm going to untie you... and when I do. I want you to run to my house. Don't stop running until your safe inside. Press the blue button next to the front door when your inside."

He gave me a terrified look that rarely showed itself.

"Jake... What are you going to do?"

I walked up to him about a few inches away from the sliver. I knew exactly what was going to happen. He knew I would come here. I needed to hurry.

"Jake, stop! don't touch it!"

I took a silent deep breath and started to untie him.

"Jake! Stop please, It's not silver!"

He tried to move but he couldn't. I gritted my teeth at the excruciating pain that flowed through my body. He was right, this was not sliver. I took out the hard knot and I felt my breathing subside and my vision blurred. Everything was numb.

"Jake!"

Nathan' pov

I flew off the bed and straddled Jake's waist. I put my ear next his chest but couldn't hear anything. My eyes teared up when I felt a faint and painfully slow pulse in his neck. I rested my fingers on his face and on his neck to feel his pulse.

"R-run, Nate"

My eyes snapped up to his. They were flickering.

"But I.. I can't leave without you, Jake..."

"You got to go... Look at me"

Just as I had convinced myself that maybe it would all get better... Maybe I was right in the first place...

"Nathan look at me"

I slowly turned my head towards his eyes again. Tears slipped out of my eyes down my face as his eyes look darker than usual.

"I want you to go. Hurry..."

"But I can't.."

"Please go... If not with me, than for me... I-I love you"

I leaned down to his neck

His pulse got slower and slower...

"Jake! Not right now please! I-I haven't even-"

I felt nothing... I couldn't hear anything...

I knew I was right... I onew I was right! No matter what I do, I can never control anything! Fuck enjoying it!

I cried in his neck soaking his shirt in the process.

I slowly stood up looking at his red hands and pale skin with veins protruding it. I turned around wiping my eyes and tried to run to the door when something in front of me stopped me. Anger coursed through my veins as he stood in front of me.

"Where do you think your going, baby?"

Him...

He looked over my shoulder and smiled.

"So I was right he did come. Good riddance."

The next thing I knew I punched him in his throat. He fell and struggled to breath while coughing up blood. I didn't really know what I was doing but my fist started flying while he still struggled with me. His eye was closed and starting to swell while his nose poured blood. I felt every punch collide with his face.

I'm actually quite sure he was choking on his blood

My right fist drawed back and with all the strength in me I punched him in his chest. He drew in a small breath then stopped... My breath was heavy and tears were still streaming out my eyes. I looked fully at the completely lifeless body under me and then at my shaky hands. I couldn't believe I just did that. After everything it lead me to this..

I got off of Mason and stood up, wiping my tears.

-

Instead of running I walked, taking me almost 10 minutes to get to Jake's house. Everything he's done for me... Or at least tried.. All I wanted to do is focus on the good stuff.

He was gone and I didn't even get to forgive him. Didn't get to argue with him more. I didn't even get to fall in love with him yet. I was just starting to accept things for how they were...

I sniffed and opened the door to his house. I entered feeling empty as soon as my foot touched the floors. I locked the door searching for the blue button he wanted me to press. I looked around finding it on a small square to the left of the door. A loud clicking sound echoed throughout the house. I ran upstairs to his room and jumped onto his bed. I smelled him surrounding me making me feel safe again. He wanted me to be safe. The sadness inside me stayed but the uncomfortable feeling didn't. It felt like he was still here. Arms wrapped around me.

But he's not...

So I have to do this quickly. My Wi-Fi does not work. I can't do much. My data got a boost but burnt through quickly. Sorry. See you in a little while.