𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
KISS AND DON'T TELL

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍❝ KISS AND DON'T TELL ❞

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

LYDIA CAN'T HELP BUT FEEL AS IF everyone in the Great Hall is staring at her.

Maybe it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that it's everyone because it's not as if everyone had heard or cares for the not-so-secret secret spreading about the castle halls that claim Lydia Fletcher is dating James Potter. But the rumour is undeniably there, lurking in the shadows as it does, circulating amongst the halls of the school and yet somehow seemingly avoiding confrontation with the pair. Those who had been there to witness this apparently elusive kiss being discussed the day of the first Quidditch match of the season were quick to spread the spectacle amongst their fellow peers, spurred on by their zealous fascination with the two. And when something of interest or remotely entertaining happens in the school, it can so easily captivate the student body, spreading almost like wildfire in a deserted forest, unfurling uncontrollably and consuming every inch and every corner. Really though, both Lydia and James had been expecting this, as it had been an elemental part to their devious scheme of tricking Sirius and Lily.

Lydia just couldn't possibly comprehend the velocity the rumour had adopted from the day before to the morning after. It was almost impressive, really, if she was being honest. She can't remember the last time something so grand had bewitched the whole of the school, even with that day bringing about their second trip into Hogsmeade. There is almost something kind of thrilling to be the topic of gossip amongst her peers - if only because she is hoping Sirius is listening.

She feels it the moment she steps foot into the room, if not the lingering eyes that follow her figure as she struts across the room to the Ravenclaw table in her usual whimsical flourish, then the enduring whispers seem to trail along behind her in her wake. If not either of the two, then Lydia is forced to come face-to-face with the physical embodiment of the school's meddlesome curiosity in the form of Phoebe Cauldwell. As the two girls find themselves a seat at the end of the table amongst the rest of their peers, Phoebe slumps into a hunched over position, propping one elbow onto the surface and cupping one ear in the palm of her hand. She sighs aloud for extra emphasis on whatever is troubling her mind, despite Lydia calmly and insouciantly pouring herself a cup of warm coffee.

"Penny for your thoughts, Phoebs?" Lydia hums airily. The sound of her spoon clinking against the porcelain of her cup as she stirs her drink joins with her voice. "You look dreadful."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Phoebe drawls sarcastically. "I just can't believe you're ditching me today to hang out with Potter."

Lydia pauses to sip idly on her coffee. "I'm not."