𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
FULL MOON ESCAPADES

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍❝ FULL MOON ESCAPADES ❞

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

THE PROSPECT OF THE PROMISING NEW YEAR invokes a sense of hopefulness in Lydia.

Returning to Hogwarts from the tranquilness that was her holidays with her family and with James, she feels as if things are finally beginning to look up. The idea of the tremendous workload awaiting her in all her classes doesn't stress her out as much as she would have thought it to. The disappearance of her letters also doesn't seem to torment her mind or her dignity any more and, really, that's all she can ask for. Instead, they seem to fade away into nothing and, sometimes, she finds herself forgetting that they had ever slipped from her grasps in the first place. That is until specific moments such as this.

A week after she, much like every other student, had returned to the school for the start of the new semester, Lydia had plans like always to spend their first trip back into Hogsmeade with James. She had made a promise to find her friends part way at the Three Broomsticks, but if it meant ignoring more of Phoebe's pestering questions about what it was like to spend the holidays with James (despite Lydia already telling her everything she could) and certainly ignoring Bellamy's occasional scowl during the walk into the village, then Lydia would happily accept it.

As she waits in the vacant Great Hall on that one surprisingly warm January afternoon for James's arrival, she isn't at all expecting another familiar figure to procure at her side as if magicked. She had been reading as per usual, sat at one of the tables, one hand absentmindedly twirling the heart locket hanging around her neck around and around in her fingers.

Lydia admittedly is startled to see Sirius Black sidling up next to her, sinking onto the bench beside her. He smirks smally to himself, propping his chin in the palm of his hand.

"Are you following me now?" Lydia asks amusedly.

"Just thought I'd wait with you for James," Sirius says. "That is what you're doing, isn't it?"

Lydia narrows her eyes into an inquisitive stare. "And why aren't you with him?"

"James likes to take a while getting ready," he says, matter-of-fact. "But I think we both know that. Anyway, he told me to come here to see if you're waiting, and to deliver the message that he promises he'll be down in five minutes."

Lydia can't help but snicker. She finds their friendship endearing - especially how the mysterious and nonchalant Sirius Black will do anything for James, even if that means essentially being his messenger owl for his pretend girlfriend.

A moment of silence passes, and then Sirius can be heard asking dully, "So... how are you and James?"

The girl pops her head up from her book once more and shrugs. "He's an idiot a lot of the times, but an admirable idiot, so it's been going well."