𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
THE NOT SO MAGICAL KISS ❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍❝ THE NOT SO MAGICAL KISS ❞

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

THE DAY AFTER HER TIME SPENT IN THE HOSPITAL WING, Lydia Fletcher can be seen marching down the busy corridors of the castle with her left arm wrapped delicately in a cloth sling and a certain type of resolve painting her face.

After being released from her care by Madam Pomfrey in the early morning, the girl had just one person in mind and had sought to find him. It was much to her dismay, however, that finding Remus Lupin proved to be increasingly difficult as the day went on. He was nowhere to be found at breakfast, disappearing from the Great Hall and his group of friends as they sauntered over to the Gryffindor table. He came late to his lectures and made it a point to flee the classroom just as fast, and Lydia knew it was all because of her. Yet she doesn't let it thwart her fruitless efforts. Instead, she goes to the one place in which she knows for certain he will be because, really, Remus is exactly like her. Aside from turning into a werewolf every full moon.

It is why she wanders defiantly into the library sometime during lunch, in the hopes of seeing the boy. If she's being honest, she's almost prepared to give up after searching every aisle of crammed bookshelves, and every nook and cranny of the silent work space. But then she stumbles upon the boy, stowed away in the farthest corner of the library at a desk by a window overlooking the pristine white grounds of Hogwarts.

Despite what she had encountered on that one fateful night, she's relieved to see Remus looking like himself again. Granted, his face appears more gaunt than usual with heavy bags lining his puffy under eyes, and his overall general appearance is even more messy than his typical quirky charming way. He's got his head both literally and figuratively buried in the opened pages of a dense looking textbook, attempting to read it idly though the weary exhaustion on his face that he struggles to blink away distracts him long enough to cast him under a dozing spell that has the printed pages cushioning his head. He hardly notices Lydia as she approaches, though she takes this to her advantage as she pushes herself forward to the desk.

"Remus."

The boy jolts awake with a start, his head popping up so suddenly and his body almost tipping out of his chair before he is able to recollect his composure. He still looks equally as shocked to see Lydia standing before him and fumbles to straighten up.

"Lydia. I-" He begins to stammer, eyes darting anywhere and everywhere but the girl, and the vigorous efforts are exceptionally noticeable.

It almost seems as if he's struggling to come up with an excuse to leave, timid embarrassment and sympathy mingling on his face, but Lydia plops into the seat across from him and reaches out with her good arm to place her warm hand gently on top of his cold one. He freezes up at once, any potential words falling short on his fumbling lips, and his stare fixating on her small hand against his. He suddenly looks sheepishly terrified, his brows knitting together.