𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS ❞ 

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍❝ PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS ❞ 

・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

LYDIA FLETCHER IS UNDOUBTEDLY AND ROYALLY SCREWED.

Of all the things she could have predicted for herself to come to fruition in life, especially in this prospective new year, this is not one of them. In fact, it doesn't come anywhere close to any of her other aspirations. After all, falling in love with the king of the school doesn't seem as favourable or attainable - and certainly no where near comparable - a New Year's resolution as the cliche but quintessential promise to eat healthier or study harder.

Yet, here she is. In love with James freakin' Potter.

She has replayed the events of that night in the tower and all the cherished moments leading up to her sudden epiphanic realization in her mind over and over again. She has thought of James over and over again, dreamt of James, until it felt as if the very memory of him was ingrained in her mind, body, and soul. The Lydia who began this school year with high hopes to charm James's best friend would have thought this to be inconceivable. And perhaps it still is, and perhaps it's even a little mad. Admittedly, it is sickening for Lydia's every waking thought to be consumed by the idiot so abruptly as if she were a giddy little girl with a silly crush - and maybe if she hadn't been so overwhelmed with this new feeling, she may have even laughed at herself or beckoned herself back to reality but she hasn't.

To her, it feels as if a weight has been lifted off her shoulders, and the mask covering her eyes has unveiled to her the truth. The only thing that's truly maddening is the fact that it took her kissing Sirius Black to come to the realization of her own feelings, but she supposes it's better late than never. Or, at least, so it seemed.

Because the day after the night spent with Sirius in the Astronomy Tower, Lydia had hoped to awaken to feeling invigorated and giddy, carob brown eyes seeing shades of pink everywhere she looks laced with a certain type of hopefulness and eagerness but that doesn't happen. She thought that, maybe, it would feel like it does in the books she has read and all the ways she had daydreamed it would, but it doesn't. That perhaps the sun would shine brilliantly, and the birds would sing a beautiful chorus to reflect her inner thoughts as she skips down to breakfast. She knows it's just a fool's dream, to have something so fantastical happen - but is it so wrong of her to feel that when she's with James anything is possible? The enthusiastic joy is there, lingering in her heart as she rouses awake and saunters into the Great Hall for breakfast and absentmindedly twirls the locket pendant from the necklace James had gifted her around in her fingers, but lurking with a troubled mind also plagued with the tail end of a raging hangover. While she's come to the realization she's crushing hard on James Potter, she's almost certain the only girl he has ever noticed and will ever notice is that of Lily Evans.