22. Amir's girl

"We have a what?" I said breathing heavily as I was jogging, talking to Khaled with an earphone

'A dinner with Amir's family.'

"When?" I came to a stop beside a bench where I left my water bottle. I took the bottle and chucked the water down.

'Friday.' He said.

"Tomorrow then." I sighed. "I wonder what kind of surprise they have for us. Last time our family got together I got married, It happened to be on Friday too."

'Yup, I only hope it's not my wedding this time.' He whined.

I laughed "I wonder who they'll pair you up. It certainly can't be worst than mine."

'Amir is decent guy, give him some time.' Khaled said but I his voice was being interrupted by paper noises.

"Yeah, what are you doing?" I started to walk out the park to home.

'I'm having a problem with an essay I've got. It has be done fast, tomorrow is it's due time.' Shit I don't remember when the group project with Lucas will be done. I've noted to ask him later to myself.

"Good luck with that and bye I need to go and take a shower."

'Allright bye.' He send me a kiss before he hang up.

Wow things are getting crazy.

It's been 3 days since I had a date with Amir. The day after decided my coach that I'll be the one representing our school for the track team like I wanted. After that I've committed myself to run 2 hours in the morning and 2 hour at the evening which was a good idea for I feel faster and better.

Only 4 days until the tournament and everyone in school is on fire. The tournament is huge after all.

I strolled through the park feeling exhausted. I can't wait to drop like a stick when I get home.

The park was empty or so I thought when I saw a figure playing basketball in a small basketball court.

Ando?

I made my way to him and entered the court.

"Hello." I said and he halted grabbing his ball.

"Hi!" He beamed "Amir's girl?"

"Layla."