31. I Love You

I went inside our penthouse with Amir behind me

I went inside our penthouse with Amir behind me. He closed the door behind him and I glanced at him.

Throughout the whole ride he was fuming with rage. Is he on that time of the month or what. One time he's all huggy and the next angry for reasons I don't know.

"You went out with Lucas." He slowly said like he was trying to get that fact in his head.

So that was all this was about. Is he jealous?

"Well he asked me out and I said yes."
Let's tease him a little, shall we?

"What was that?" He came closer and closer as I step back with each step he took. Okay, he's scaring me. Forget about teasing, I'm worried about my life.

Wait a second, he never told me why he was with Zahra to begin with.

"What was what? I can hang out with whomever I want, it's none of your business." I snapped when I felt a wall behind me. Of course the damn wall had to be there.

"It is my business and you know why? Because you're my wife, get it?" His face were inches away from mine as his mint breath fanned my cheeks.

My face flushed so much so I thought I was redder than a tomato.

"Since when do you care that I'm your wife?" I whispered, my heart was going insane.

"Since forever, Layla." He brushed my cheeks with his warm hands. "You belong to me and the angels are witnesses for that."

"I- If you care s-so much then you won't mind telling me what you were doing with her that night." I stuttered but managed to get my voice back. His hand that was rubbing my cheeks stopped but remained.

"Who?"

"Do you have dementia that I don't know about?" I snapped. "Zahra."
His face had gone from confusion to seriousness.

"Listen lion, there is absolutely nothing between us. The girl was for some reason sad and wanted to meet just to throw herself on me. I didn't hug her back, I swear I even pulled her away." He explained.

And at that moment where he considered my feelings while explaining softly, my heart melted.

I know Zahra was capable of all filthy actions to make me and Amir drift away from each other but this childish thing was beyond my imagination.

"Oh." I said and looked down. I realized he still stood so close to me, caging me between him and the wall. My cheeks began to heat up even more.