•41|His Psychic Powers- Part Two

A word to my readers.

1. I'm truly sorry for this late update. I had my end of semester exams and I couldn't get any time or inspiration to write His Paper Heart. I'm home now so let's complete this book. Also, just because I don't update regularly doesn't mean I'm lazy. Please don't make any rude comments because of my updating schedule. I recently entered and finished my first year of college. It was intense.

2. I love you guys. Thank you for sticking with me.

Gray sits there quietly, his eyes narrowed at Mr

Gray sits there quietly, his eyes narrowed at Mr. Segal as the man teaches. I wonder what Gray is thinking. I wonder if he's already figured it out. I wonder if finding whoever hurt Imogene so badly will make Imogene come forward about what she's been through. If it will give her peace or not.

"During such times, most people owned sugar plantations and—"

"You own a pineapple farm correct?" Gray blurts out and I hold my breath. Mr. Segal stops speaking. He looks at Gray for a while and so does the rest of the class. "Correct?" Gray repeats.

My heart begins to pound brutally against my chest.

"Ow," I whisper, hoping the whining will die down the pain in my chest.

Mr. Segal nods. "Yes I do, Mr. Easton. You know this how?"

"I know things." Gray shrugs.

"Really?" The teacher crosses his arms and narrows his eyes. Imogene, who's sitting in front of the class, quickly turns her head and looks at me. Her eyes widened, wondering what Gray is doing. I shake my head at her, telling her I've no idea what his plans are. I groan softly again and stare the ceiling for a brief moment, tapping my foot and waiting for all this to be over so I can go out for fresh air.

"Yes. I also know that your father died when you were very little. His Kidneys were shutting down, he needed a transplant badly and no matter how many times he got to the top of the transplant list, the hospital always said someone needed it more, someone was way sicker than him. He died and you blame it on the incompetence and corruption of doctors, hence your general dislike for hospitals," Gray explains. Mr. Segal's jaw tightens, his brow furrows and despite the grief on his face, he's still quite opaque.

A wry smile tugs his lips and he nods. "That's all true, Mr. Easton. These are all things you could have easily found out by research."

"I don't know this by research. I will admit someone told about your little farm with Mr. Rhimes but everything else I'm saying now is just what I'm getting from you this moment." Gray sits up and places his hands on the desk.

"You're psychic!" one girl shouts.

"No such thing," Gray responds. "It's just. . .most people are very transparent. Trust me, some people try to hide their deepest secrets extremely well but the harder you try to hide them, the easier it is for me to read them."