Chapter 4

"Alright, Cass, start talking," demanded Dean as the three men walked to the main lobby of their underground bunker. "You said you knew her, who is she?"

"And what did you mean by 'compel'? to me that's the same as bewitched. Also, how would she know a demon's name without telling her if she had to ask you yours? Were they buddies, lovers? And how the hell did her eyes glow?!"

Castiel waited for Dean to finish with his outburst, a patient look upon his face. One that pissed Dean off.

"Talk, man. She said she saw you? That's an odd choice of words, don't you think? But you didn't seem to notice that she was dangerous, you walked right up and freakin' kissed her for God's sake."

"Dean," Sam called his brother to sit down at the elongated table smack in the middle of their lobby. He held out a bottle of beer to the man in hopes it would at least give Castiel a chance to answer some of their questions while Dean's mouth was distracted with drink.

"She saw me. Not, this," Castiel patted his torso in emphasis. "But the real me, inside. She looked upon my form and knew me for what I was, even if she didn't know it by name. She wouldn't have hurt anyone in the room, Dean, she is scared-
"Dangerous, you mean," Dean interrupted. Sam rolled his eyes, his plan had worked for a few seconds at least.

"Do you know she was only trying to save herself? Dean, she's... something. She's powerful of course. But she's something else. Something old. Something afraid.

"I know her, but not in the way you know me or Sam. I know her in a more... celestial way."

Dean looked at Castiel, his eyebrow shot way up to his forehead, his lip curled in lewd amusement.

"No Dean, not in the sex way," Castiel sounded exasperated. "I know her in a way you know the sun is bright without it even being daytime."

Sam looked at Castiel and then to Dean, who shrugged back at his little brother.

"Um, Cass. Maybe with some research we can figure out what she is so we can know what the demons want from her, how she is here and how we can get her back where she belongs?" Sam suggested, reaching for the laptop that sat on the table's surface.

"I will figure out what I can, ask some questions and—"

"The news took a horrifying turn as the woman, known as Carol McFee, slaughtered her husband and two children with a pickax she had been using to break up the ground in their garden. Witnesses say they appeared to be setting up the garden in their yard with laughter and hard work when the mother seemed to have just snapped, killing her youngest daughter first, then her husband when he came to his oldest daughter's defense. Sources say the surviving child was at a friend's house and by doing so, escaped the brutal death that her mother may have had in mind for her." The television was turned up by Dean when they heard the beginning of the report. All three listened with rapt attention.

Dean whistled softly and shook his head.

"Awful way to go, man."

"In other news, the 'it' couple of Hollywood call off their wedding. Inside sources say the divorce is not being handled without some 'uncivilized behavior', including name-calling, threats and 'The Missus' driving her husband's brand new Porche into their living room, where her husband was said to have been sitting not two minutes before the car came crashing in."

"What the hell?" Sam cursed softly, not wanting to interrupt the news.

"And lastly, on a more personal note," the camera panned over to the male anchor seated beside the woman who had just spoken. "Today I announce my resignation from Channel 21 news station. It's been a long-held belief that I 'loved' this job," the man held up air quotes, "but rest assured, I would rather perform fellacio on a cactus than sit here for another minute. Thank you, and goodnight."

Dean coughed up the sip of beer he had been taking, surprise causing him to choke on the liquid as he covered his mouth with his sleeved wrist.

"Did he just say.."

"Yeah, Dean, I think he just did," answered Sam. "Cass, go ask your questions to whomever may have answers. Something is going on and I have a feeling it's going to get worse before this is all over."

A flutter of wings signaled the disappearance of the angel. Dean looked at Sam.

"I have a feeling it may have something to do with ol' Barney-eyes in the other room. Cass didn't have any answers for us about her or her little mind-control schtick."

"Best to hit the books in the archive while I see what I can find on the internet, I guess. Oh, and Dean" Sam called out to his brother who had begun to walk away. "We probably shouldn't go anywhere near the room where she is. If she is into mind control, it's probably for our own good we don't get too close to her."

Dean nodded noncommittally and continued on his way into the extensive archive room.