Bonus Chapter!!

*Go read the authors note before this chapter if you haven't already!! Thank you guys so much for reading, I love you all so much!!!*

Aiden's P.O.V.
My leg shook under the table as Rowan explained to the group what happened. I couldn't even focus on his words. All I could process was that Freya is gone. Gone. Kidnapped by our enemy.

A comforting hand was placed gently onto my thigh. I looked up at Jeremy, but his attention was purely on Rowan as his thumb rubbed comforting circles on my thigh.

I should shove his hand away. I should warn him not to touch me again. But I didn't. Couldn't. Because if I'm being honest, his hand on my thigh comforted me in ways I refuse to think about. It calmed my racing heart, and cleared my thoughts slightly.

So I let his hand remain on my thigh as I turned my attention to Rowan as well. For the first time, I noticed just how beaten up he really is.

Just an hour ago, he came back with a spear through his chest. He got lucky. It just barely missed his heart. Yet here he is now, pale as a ghost, explaining to the room what happened just hours before.

"We have to get her back," Rowan concluded. Despite being completely beat up, his voice has never sounded so strong.

The king nodded. "And we will. But right now, we need to regroup. Heal."

"There's no time for healing," Rowan growled. "The longer we wait, the worse it will be for her!"

"If we go running in there to free her, we will lose. You need to think rationally. They have the advantage. Our best warriors are ragged and wounded. We have to let them heal before we do anything else."

"We don't have time for that," Rowan yelled, slamming his hands on the table.

I don't think I've ever seen him lose it like this. Never. He's always the level headed one. Always makes the rational decisions. And yet here he is, losing his mind. I have to get him out of here.

"Why don't we go plan. Let everyone else rest. Once they've rested, I'm sure we will have a plan ready," I advised Rowan, standing up.

I ignored the feeling of coldness that erupted throughout my entire body when Jeremy's hand left my thigh and instead placed a comforting hand on my best friends shoulder.

Rowan stared at the king intensely, not saying a word for a few moments. He shrugged off my hand with a scoff, but walked out of the room just the same. I walked out with him without looking back.

I let him storm ahead, knowing he needed the space in this moment. He didn't stop until he was on the cliffs edge. Only then did he pause, waiting for me to catch up to him. I took my place at his side, not saying a word.

"She's gone," Rowan said at last.

"I know. And we are going to get her back," I promised.

"Are we," Rowan questioned, his voice breaking.

I bit back my doubt and flashed him a cocky smile. "We're fucking demons. Those vampire shits have nothing on us. Of course we are going to get her back. But the Kings right. If we go storming in there without a plan, we won't get her."

Rowan ran a frustrated hand through his hair, and then down his face. "I can't just do nothing."

"You won't be doing nothing. You know she would kill you if she knew you were working yourself ragged like this. You won't be any help to her in this state. You need rest."

"How can I rest when she's out there in danger? It's all my fault. I couldn't get to her in time. I sat there like a useless piece of shit as he took her away. Fuck," he screamed at the end, pulling roughly at his hair. "I knew Saxon was a piece of shit. I should have never let her convince me to trust him. She makes me so fucking soft. If I ever see him again, I promise you I will rip out his throat."