Chapter 22

November 10, 2014 ( Reagan is 20 weeks, Alana is 19 weeks and 6 days)

Dedicated to @Gabbys_ . It's been a long time coming, you deserve it for your ridiculously sassy and laugh out loud comments.

Nathaniel's parents and big sister on the side in that order. ♡

The car ride was silent, Reagan purposely ignoring Nathaniel with both ear buds popped into her ear. Yet, no music was playing through because the stupid app decided to crash.

But, being the stubborn girl she is, it didn't faze her, not even a little bit. Whenever Nathaniel would try and start up a conversation, she'd start humming, bobbing her head up and down to the nonexistent beat.

"I can't hear you," she'd say.

Nathaniel sighed, finally giving up after so many failed attempts. Turning into an available parking space, he shut off the car, resting his back on the comfortable seat. He opened his mouth, about to speak again, but shut it quickly.

What's the point?

She's listening to "music".

He pulled the key out of the ignition, getting out the car and slamming it shut with such a force that it made Reagan jump.

Reagan got out as well, tucking her cell phone safely in her back pocket, dragging her feet on the pavement.

They walked in together, one just a little behind the other, just in a nick of time to see Mr Hastings coming out one of the rooms. He gave a warm smile, approaching them with long strides.

"Ah, right on time, guys," he shook both their hands, then afterwards, pointed behind himself. "Shall we," he asked, that smile still very prominent, though, now dialed down a notch or two.

They followed with out a word, Doctor Hastings pulling her over to the scale, checking her weight as well as the other regular procedures.

Once they were done, he ushered her over to the bed. Reagan, already knowing the drill, hopped onto the painfully uncomfortable bed, raising up her loose white tee shirt.

While they got situated, Doctor Hastings picked up his file and pen, taking the eyeglasses out of his coat pocket, putting it on. "So, how have you been feeling, no more stress i hope," he looked up from his charts, stopping his moving hands.

Reagan gave a weak smile, shrugging, "not as bad as my last visit". Nathaniel's forehead creased, face mirroring one of concern, he turned to her, his hand reaching out for hers.

She moved her hand away right before it made contact with hers, watching the hurt look that came over him. But, he quickly wiped it off, clearing his throat in embarrasment as he looked away, anywhere but at her. Nathaniel averted his question to Doctor Hastings instead, "um, so what was it you said about stress," he asked.

"Well, it's no problem anymore, her blood pressure has gotten low enough to where it is no longer an issue, there's no risk," Doctor Hastings assured. Although, Nathaniel wanted to ask more questions, but instead he just nodded, letting him continue on.

He grabbed the dobbler from its stand, gelling it up wih the pale blue substance. The coldness of the gel didn't bother Reagan anymore, she had gotten used to it. Rubbing it on her belly, he began to move it around, his eyebrows scrunched up in concentration. "Your baby looks to be about 7 ¾ inches long and weighs approximately 9 ounces".

Doctor Hastings moved it again. "The top of your uterus is now at the same level as your belly button. You may have gained an average of 8 to 10 pounds up until this point. Expect to gain around half a pound to one pound per week during the rest of your pregnancy. The amount of weight may be more or less depending on your pre-pregnancy weight".