Chapter 38: Blood Moon Pack

Chapter 38

I soaked in the afternoon sun and breathed in the blissful fresh scent of nature around me as I took in the silence.

The leaves on the trees bristled with the gentle wind and the birds chirped merrily as I stood outside the Crypt and waited for Thane to exit.

After I left him with Jake's blood in his mouth and the scream of a hunter filling the underground building, I had to escape the narrow hallways.

Once I stepped outside, it was like a blanket of peace covered the entire pack. The sorrows washed away and our healing began as Jake was now permanently gone.

Even the guards that were patrolling the exterior of the Crypt visibly relaxed. Even though the pack was never in imminent danger when Jake was in the Crypt, I could tell him being alive had everyone on edge.

I remembered back when I first came to the Crypt, my friend Atticus was the guard. I smiled at the memory of making a big tough werewolf allow me into the Crypt despite Thane's orders.

But now he was gone because of Jake. Delilah, Ian, all the werewolves and the hunters that died was all because of Jake's ridiculous obsession with the 'beast'.

God only knows where a pregnant Abigail was off to and what would happen to the baby.

Before I could contemplate her situation any further, Thane walked out of the Crypt with fresh clothing.

I closed the distance between us halfway as Thane met me in the middle and pulled me into his arms.

I rest my forehead on his shoulder before I asked, "Is he dead."

"He's gone love." Thane placed a kiss on the top of my head.

I pulled back and I looked at him crinkling my nose in disgust, "I really hope you have a sink down in the Crypt where you washed your mouth out before kissing me."

He gave me a toothy smile and from our close proximity I could smell the tell tale sign of mint on his breath, "Brushed and flossed sweetheart."

I placed my head back on his chest as I entwined my arms around his neck.

"I feel at peace now." I sighed in contentment.

"As do I. Safe to say there's no more threats in our distant future. That and I have you in my arms." He remarked.

"And a baby on the way." I chimed in with a giggle. "Think we're ready to raise a kid?"

He pulled back to look at me and placed both his hands on my stomach, something he seemed to be doing quite often, "We're young but there's not a doubt in my mind that we'll be the best that we can be. And we have an entire pack to help." He concluded cheekily.

"We still need a name." I noted.

"I'm sticking with Thor." He shrugged.

"Then I'm sure you'll explain to Jane why you named her first great grandchild after a comic book superhero." I snickered.

His expression turned to that of horror, "You're right, she'll probably chase me around the house with her slipper."

I laughed at the image, "I'm sure we'll come up with a great name."

He nodded before he went serious, "What does Jake's father look like?"

Then I remembered that he was still missing.

"He kinda looks like an older version of Jake. Are you sure he isn't in Fairbairn?" I questioned uncertainly.

"I'm not sure but I'll have Lucas sniff around town. But he may have left with Abigail if she's pregnant. She must have guessed that Jake lead a suicide mission and decided to flee before we hunted her back to Fairbairn." His face turned grim.