Chapter 17

"This has nothing to do with my maids." I protested angrily as we entered by room.

My heart began racing the instant he pulled me towards my bedroom. The only true punishment he could deliver there was attacking the people I had started to care for and it made me sick to my stomach.

When I looked at my maids I saw that Lydia was quite pale, but her head was still bowed respectfully. Isabelle was wide-eyed with horror and seemed to forget her place as she stared at me and my husband in terror. The third maid just stood quietly with tears in her eyes, but no expression on her face.

"You're right." King Archer agreed. Then he snapped his fingers and pointed to the door.

My maids didn't hesitate. They abandoned their tasks and darted for their exit. All of them rushed to curtsy to the king, but didn't bother to spare me a second glance. I will admit that I was half hoping that one of them would stay and plead with the king, but I also fully understood their desire to be as far away from the situation as possible. This man could strip them of everything they owned in a second and could take away their life in a minute. I had to take the heat for my actions alone.

And the king was not wasting any time. The second the door was shut behind my maids he grabbed the back of my corset and started to tug on the satin ribbon.

"What on Earth are you doing?" I snapped, trying to yank myself away from him. The dread was ebbed away by fury.

My attempt was useless though- even if it had been fueled by rage- the king was far stronger than I was and he held me in place effortlessly before resuming his efforts to undress me. His hands were rougher now, apparently he was frustrated with my act of defiance. I heard fabric tear and felt seams give way. I decided it would be best to remain still to prevent him from becoming more upset.

"I am preparing to punish you." He replied finally.

"You're going to punish me with sex?" I demanded in disbelief.

There was a brief pause at that. His hands stopped working for a fraction of a second and if I hadn't been so focused on his actions I would've never noticed the minor hiccup.

"No, not sex." He answered.

"Then what?!" I growled in fear and frustration. Was he going to drag me out of this room and parade me around until I cried in shame? Or was he planning something worse, something I couldn't even fathom? I had taken my fair share of beating for my unrefined mouth from my master, I was strong enough physically, and my maids were safe now. But that didn't mean that this beast-man wouldn't find new, creative ways of making me scream.

"If you ask me another question or raise your voice at me again I will make your punishment last twice as long, do you understand me?" the king hissed in my ear.

"Yes." I whispered, the fight in me dying instantly.

"Very good." He murmured, his voice almost sickly sweet.

In a few short moments I was left in nothing but my dressing gown. I know that I had been naked in front of him before, but not during daylight. So even though I still had a thin gown over my body I felt more exposed than ever. I didn't know how to feel or what to think. He said the punishment wasn't sex, yet I was almost naked. And I felt like I should've hated him, yet the thoughts of our midnight encounter whirled through my head making my chest heave and my heart rate increase with anticipation. I couldn't deny that I wanted it all over again, yet I knew that I should've been furious. Instead, I was disappointed and frustrated. For now I could only hope that he was as affected by my state as I was.

"Pick up that sash." He ordered. My hands immediately went to a length of ribbon one of my maids had left strewn across my vanity. "Come." The king ordered, seating himself on my bed.

I slowly shuffled over to him and stopped about a meter away.

"I want you to lie across my lap." He demanded. It was like he was asking me to bring him a cup of tea.

"Absolutely not." I protested.

"Don't make this harder on yourself and do as I say." The king snarled.

I gritted my teeth tightly but did as he asked, gradually moving my body until I was lying on my stomach, my lower abdomen and upper thighs across his lap, just like he asked. I felt foolish and disgusting and it was only going to get worse, I knew that much. And it did when he took the ribbon from my hand and wound it around my first wrist with such slow concern that the gesture was almost tender. Then the other wrist was bound, keeping my arms tied behind my back. I was spayed helpless across the lap of my husband, my king, and my master.

"If you do anything I don't like I'm going to scream." I warned.

"Good, then the staff will know that I take my threats seriously." He encouraged.

Then, without any warning, his hand came down in a furious slap on my bottom. A shriek of surprise and pain immediately poured out of my mouth. I understood now why he had tied my wrists as my hands dove towards the targeted area to protect it. Archer held onto the ribbon in a confident grip, preventing me from shielding myself at all. Once my brain registered what had happened I tried to scramble away from my assailant, but the king pressed down firmly on my back, keeping me in place. I could do nothing to ease the stinging or to stop the next slap that came down with a loud cracking sound.

"Stop!" I shouted. And though my body quivered it wasn't from the fear of what was to come. I felt electric all over again.

Another hard slap was delivered to my ass, making me jerk in shock. The stinging was still there but there was also a pleasure-filled, warming sensation as well. I was so very aware that I was nearly naked, lying across my husband's lap. So wonderfully exposed to him while he was limiting my movements, doing as he pleased to my body.

"What did I tell you Willow?"

I bit my lower lip hard and said nothing because I wasn't sure if I was going to beg for more or beg for mercy.

The king grabbed the bottom of my dressing gown and yanked it up, exposing my bare reddened skin to his view. But before I could protest he delivered another slap. And instead of gritting my teeth against the sting I found my mouth falling open in a silent moan. I found feel the soft folds at my apex become slick with juices and I heard Archer suck in a deep breath, almost like he could smell it in the air.

"What did I tell you?" he repeated, his voice coming out breathy and ragged. Was he enjoying this? Did he know that I was enjoying it? My god, could he actually smell my arousal?

I stayed quiet, worried about what could come out of my mouth.

Three more smacks were delivered, this time lighter than the previous ones which surprised me. I expected more force as a counter to my demanding words. But that meant that the stinging sensation was replaced with only pleasure. His hands on my bare skin were making me feel like I had a few too many glasses of wine. And when he paused to gently trace his hands over my backside, taking his time to sweep his cool hands over the warm skin I thought I would lose all of my self-control and tell him to take me. I wanted him. I wanted him almost as much as I had after he initiated our first night encounter. I wanted that mouth and all the pleasure it could bring and it was almost impossible not to tell him that. Thankfully, I managed to stay quiet.

"Where did that smart tongue go, Willow?" the king taunted. "Aren't you going to tell me you've had enough?"

I didn't care about his words. I couldn't. All I could think about was his hands slowly sliding over my ass. The tips of his fingers were inching towards my apex, my core. My fists were now gripping the smooth ribbon that joined them. Now it was for an entirely different reason. And when those finger tips brushes against my delicate folds I couldn't withhold my quiet moans any longer. And at my mewing the king let out a small noise of satisfaction. My heart pounded as the sexual thoughts raced through my brain. He wanted this just as much as I did. I would have what I craved so badly.

But then my dressing gown was pulled back down, covering my red, hot skin.

"Don't disobey me again." The king hissed before he pulled me off of him and swiftly untying the ribbon.