Chapter 8

Lori's POV:

It had been 2weeks since the incident in the hospital and i completely stressed out juggling my alpha duties and taking care of my sick mate was taking its toll on me, right now i was in my office in the park house going through paperwork and missing Nick terribly. I am so happy that in those 2weeks Nick had started adding weight, he didn't look as sick and malnourished as when he first came and he has been opening up a little which was great. “Alpha i was thinking of discharging Nick today and i would recommend that someone should come pick him up”, Janet tells me through the mindlink,“thank you for telling me i will send Eric to come get him and thank you for taking care of him”, “you're welcome alpha”. “Eric, could you go to the hospital and help me pick up my mate Nick”, “sure alpha”. I concentrate on my paperwork hoping my mate would be fine with Eric.

Nick's POV:

I was finally getting discharged from the hospital but that wasn't what i was happy about, Lori was coming to pick me up and i loved spending time with her, i hoped she liked spending time with me too. Dr Janet was working on the discharge papers when i hear a knock, “come in” i shouted, a guy with dark brown hair popped his head through the door, “Hi i brought you some clothes and Alpha Lori sent me to accompany you to the pack house”, he said giving me the clothes, thanking him i got up and went to the my room toilet to change, i was feeling a little sad “you know she's an alpha and is really busy, that doesn't mean she doesn't care about you” Kayden tries to reassure me, “i know that but i keep thinking that sooner or later she will realize that i'm too useless to be her mate, she is an alpha afterall, if my own family didn't want me why would she an alpha want me”, Kayden didn't reply after i asked that. Making sure i wore the clothes right i come out of the toilet to find Eric waiting for me “we can leave now”, i tell him. I say goodbye to Janet and follow him to the pack house.

We passed through the living room of the pack house to get to the stairs and let me tell you the living room was a sight to see but i will enjoy the magnificence of the pack house later now i needed to follow Eric to find my mate. We climb the spiral staircase and he lead to a door at the end of the first floor, “knock” he says, i reach towards the door nervously knock twice, “Come in” i hear her beautiful voice answer from the other side. I open the door and see her sitting behind a desk her nose buried in paperwork, she lifts her head to my direction when she recognizes my scent, she rushes over to me and hugs me and i notice how she breaths in my scent,“i'm glad you are finally okay” she says as she pulls away, i give her a small smile, when she realizes that she is also giving me a small she releases me like i was hot water and puts her face emotionless again. “Eric take him to the guest room and i will see you later Nick”, she shoos us out the door and closes it. I stand there wondering if i had done something wrong, “its not you, she just has a hard time showing her emotions, give her time she will come around” Eric says putting a hand on my shoulder, “come on let me show you to your room”, we climb the stairs to the second floor. He lead me to the third door on the left side of the second floor, opening the door i was in shock at how wonderful the room was, i really never thought i would be in a room like this, it was even finer than any of the rooms in my old pack house.

(How Nick's bed room is

(How Nick's bed room is.)

“I will get you some clothes to change into while you take a shower”, Eric tells me, “thank you for everything Eric”, “don't mention it”. I walk into a door that I'm sure leads to the bathroom and let me say this its the nicest bathroom I've ever seen.

(Nick's bathroom)

(Nick's bathroom)

I strip and enter the shower finally knowing how to it feels to use hot water again, there was also soap and a toothbrush in the bathroom. I came out and wrapped a towel around my waist and when i came out clothes were already on my bed. After putting them on my stomach growls telling me its hungry but I'm not sure i should go down and look for food or not. I guess i will take my chances. Walking downstairs to the first floor and not looking where I'm going i trip and while falling i close my eyes awaiting the pain but landing on something soft. Wait!, the ground isn't soft,  i open my eyes and realized i landed on Lori specifically my legs tangled with hers, my chest to her breast and my mouth a few inches from hers and our faces moving closer by the second and me praying to the Moon Goddess that she doesn't realize our position.

Sorry guys for not updating, my laptop has been going haywire sorry with start updating better than before.