Crocodile Tears

While Adira was back in her hometown catching up with the others, Casimir was back in school catching up with work.

It was too long a break and so work piled up, but he never regretted a second of it. This work was well worth it.

"What happened to his highness?" Leon, who sat on the sofa also buried in his own work, sneaked a glance to Casimir.

He was as indifferent as usual but the wintery atmosphere that usually coated his entire presence was missing. Now, if you actually look at him, he was as amiable as possible.

"Probably the Lady Adira again." Alexander shrugged his shoulders as if it was as obvious as the sun shining outside.

"Don't you think it's really amazing how this Lady Adira can affect his highness so much? I mean, how can a woman make this mountain move on her will?"

William, who overheard what they were whispering, chimed in with a laugh. He really can't imagine what Adira did to wrap the first prince so tightly around her finger.

"Roman might know. He's been by his highness' side since they were young. They practically grew up together!" Leon said and they all turned to Roman, silently doing his own pile of paper works as the Council's Vice.

"Pst! Hey Roman!" William softly called him.

Roman looked up from the papers and gave William an inquisitive stare.

"We have something we'd like to ask."

Thinking that it was council stuff that they wanted to ask him about, he placed the papers down and gave them all of his attention and asked, "What is it?"

"You and his highness have been together since you were children, right?" Leon started and waited for Roman to nod before William added,

"How did Lady Adira capture that snow mountain?"

Roman paused, unprepared for that question and unsure what to say.

True, he was there when they visited the Sylveris fief and accidentally discovered the Lady hurrying back to the castle after she caused such a huge mess that made the duke mobilize the Silver Knights.

But if he had to say what the Lady did to capture the black-hearted prince, all he could tell them is, "Nothing. The Lady did nothing."

Leon, William and apparently Alexander, who was slightly interested and had been waiting for Roman's answer, all looked at him addled.

That was such a vague answer!

Leon, "What do you mean nothing?"

William, "How can it be nothing? Surely, she did something!"

While Alexander was just speechless.

"No, really. She didn't do anything. If I remember it correctly, when we first saw her, she was just staring at his highness." Roman told them as he recounted what happened that day and narrated it to them.

It was puzzling them more! The more they heard what happened, the more they were confused.

"How can it be..?" William muttered under his breath and struck a thinking pose.

"How can it be what?" They all heard a deep and cold voice behind them and they all sat straight like straight pins.

"Your highness!" William panicked and turned to Casimir, who was standing behind them with papers in his hands. "Wha-What's wrong?"

"What is it?"

"They're wondering what the Lady Adira did that you are so invested in her, your highness." Alexander immediately sold them out and, of course, made sure he wasn't caught in it.