Bewitching

A flicker of her hand, a wave of her hips, a brief seductive glance from that glittery and fiery ash-like eyes and a beautiful and teasing smirk on her lovely face.

The woman did stick to her word. She was seducing, enticing, and enchanting every guest inside that hall—man or woman—they couldn't tear their eyes away from her bewitching dancing form.

It was like they were spellbounded to offer every single speck of their attention to her.

The men couldn't help the fire rising up within them as their eyes followed her every move. The dancer wasn't looking or even as much as glance at them which made them thirst for her regard.

They wanted her to look at them even just once.

And there were few guests mixed in them that vaguely recognized the dance. It looked like a dance native to the Bycrest Kingdom but at the same time not.

There were far too many modifications for it to remain as a dance that solely belonged to Bycrest. It was far more ravishing and beautiful.

Adira continued to sway her hips and twirl around the dance floor with the melody while also modifying the dance that was hammered, tortured and battered into her from her past life to please the devil that imprisoned and used her.

Because to her, this dance wasn't a thorn anymore. She was using it as a weapon to punish her husband that dared to smile at another woman that was clearly trying to entice him.

Casimir was gripping at his own armrest while getting angrier and chillier by the second—especially when he was gravely aware how everyone's eyes were currently glued to his troublemaker of a wife, who was punishing him for some unknown reason.

Not only that, he was trying real damn hard to keep himself still and control himself from getting a reaction. He was struggling so much he felt like dying.

Adira was really creating a headache for him and Casimir was having trouble trying to keep it in.

Until such that the man reached the end of his patience, which didn't even take five minutes, when he couldn't hold it in and with an angry shout his chair's armrest also broke under his tight hold.

"Stop!!!" Casimir bellowed so loudly his voice reverberated across that large hall, snapping everyone out of their trance.

Panting and very red in the face, Casimir stomped forward towards the woman that only smirked at him while planting a hand to her hips.

He ripped his jacket off his back and wrapped it around Adira's very exposed figure—which was supposed to be only for his eyes but she just went ahead and showed it to the world while still looking very mad yet with a tinge of victory—and pulled her incredibly closer to him she was practically plastered against his hot body.

What is she on about?

"That's enough." He spoke in an eerie low and agitated voice.

Adira, who refused to back down as well, cupped the man's cheeks with one hand before whispering to him,

"Then you should do well not to stare and smile at other women from now on, husband."

Stare? Smile?

"Since when did I ever stare and smile at another woman?"

"You were staring at that dancer earlier!"

Adira shot back, still angry, and stood her ground. No amount of fury or bitter wintry gaze from Casimir could bring her down and make her submit.

Partially because she was damn sure Casimir would surrender to her instead. That was how it always was.