The Phoenix

The woman landed with ease—her long ash locks flowing behind her enthrallingly—and before they could even react, the men closest to her suddenly fell down as showers of red liquid splattered everywhere while also drenching this newcomer with fresh and bright red blood.

The men, stunned with her agility and her beautiful form, couldn't move away in time—as if they were caught in a spell—before the girl started to move fluidly, as if she was simply dancing, and slit their throats open or detached their heads from their shoulders.

In just a few short seconds, almost twenty men had already fallen into this entrancing, blood-stained woman's hands.

In her mesmerizing ash-like grey orbs, there was burning fury and death. She was out for blood. She, a lady of noble blood who didn't think twice or even wince as she went around slitting soldier's throats, was dangerous.

She may not be as strong as the first prince but she sure as hell ain't a simple foe as well. She was as dangerous as this demon lord!

"How dare you hurt what's mine?"

She spoke in a sinister and dark voice, oddly making her look more seductive than lovely and divine, before a black dragon with big bright sapphire eyes landed on her side—and with a slight whisk of his tail, sent countless soldiers flying away.

She burned brightly as small streaks of fire crawled all over her body, giving her that ethereal look as if she had phoenix wings.

...

I.. can hear... Adira's voice... Is she.. back?

Ah... It couldn't be... She married Dalriada... She's not coming back...

Casimir thought to himself but still risked lifting his gaze off the ground after he felt a slight tremor and saw that bright woman, ablaze, as she stood against the rising sun of dawn.

Looking like the very image of hope.

"Adira..."

The woman heard a weak voice from behind her and turned to see Casimir looking at her with empty and devastated orbs.

Her heart twinged painfully as she looked at how low her husband had fallen and reached out her arms.

But instead of hugging this man and comforting him, she gave him one loud and strong slap—so strong the man could feel a stinging pain on his cheek where her palms connected.

And focus slowly returned to his eyes as he craned his head slowly to look at this crazy woman, who attacked him out of nowhere, with wide and shocked platinum eyes.

This was not the reunion that he imagined them to have.

"How dare you, you bastard!!! How dare you let go of me!! How dare you allow Triton to take me away!!! With your strength and prowess, I highly doubt he was able to successfully whisk me away without you putting up a fight!

Is this how you treat your wife?! Just because I act a little bit crazy, you decide to let me go?!! How dare you, you mad, selfish, arrogant bastard!!! You cold, unfeeling, demonic zombie!!"

She started her raging tirade of complaints and her exploding furor while punching the man's chest to release her anger.

She was letting him have a taste of a Sylveris woman's outrage and it was not pretty at all! She was nagging so much a normal person would have almost felt his ears go numb and fall off.

She continued to rage and be livid before tears started cascading down from her smoldering ashen eyes.

"The next time you let me go, I will really come back to kill you, you bastard! You can't let go of me! Even when I act crazy. Even when I can't remember. Even when you don't want me anymore. You can't leave me!!!

You can't! You can't! You can't! You can't leave me you ungrateful basta-"

"Of course, you're right. You're always right. I can't let you go. I can't live without you. I can't forget you. I can't ever be myself without you. I can't. I can't. I really can't."

The man finally spoke and pulled the woman into his tight embrace before placing a searing kiss on her lips—the lips he had missed so much, the ones he'd dreamed of whenever he falls asleep.

He kissed her hungrily. As if he'll wake up any moment now and the woman will vanish again. As if everything wasn't real. As if his wounds were nonexistent.

He kissed her senseless.

And the Alynthi soldiers, who had to witness this, though surrounding them couldn't come close. Part of it was because of that huge ass dragon and part of it was because they could feel that if they came a meter close to that couple and their life is forfeit.

And as the couple parted, breathless and gasping, with flushed faces, Adira suddenly smiled.

"Who told you it was okay to kiss me?"

"Oh.. yes... You married Dalriada."

Adira, once again, annoyed with this talk about marrying Triton, gave the man another slap—on the other cheek this time.

While the latter was practically clueless why he deserved that slap, she started her nagging again,

"How could you!!! If you want me to marry Triton then I'll do just that!!! So you can go and marry whoever you want as well—that Alynthi Princess perhaps!! I'm breaking up with you! I'm annuling the engagement between us right now!!"

"You can't!!!" The man, for the first time in his life, visibly panicked and held the woman's arms tightly—refusing to let her go.

"You can't break up with me! I won't allow you! You can only marry me! Only me!"

"That's the Casimir that I know! Then pick up your lazy ass and help clean up!"

She mightily ordered this untameable, untouchable beast, who was reduced to acting like a little puppy wagging his tail for her. She pointed at the remaining soldiers, already shaking in fear, while some attempted to run away and Casimir obeyed immediately.

He didn't want another earful from her.

But, the happy thing about having to clean these bastards up was the fact that his wife was joining him. Although he hasn't seen her fight, he knew she wasn't weak.

These pair each went on their own side and cleaned up—and whether they surrendered or not, they left no survivors.

Casimir would steal glances at Adira's fight and watch her dance around the battlefield—slashing, stabbing and kicking soldiers left and right—like it was her own personal ballroom.

She was soaked to the bone with the blood of the enemies that she killed as she basked with the exhilarating feeling of letting loose.

But Casimir could only see beautiful madness in those eyes.

This man was already in too deep.

Notes:
For Adira's fight scene, if you want to try to see how I envisioned it, please refer to Lizzy's fight scene when she chose to pick up a sword to protect Ciel. Yes, I loved that part so much.

I updated earlier cause I've got an exam I need to study. Ciao~~

Wish me luck~! Banzaaaiii~~ 🎉🎉🎉