Picnic Preparations (Part 1)

~This will be a two-part story, I thought this one would be more fun to do this way so enjoy part one fam. ;)~

-

I was approaching Crowley's flat as I waited for the cab to stop at the given address. I was hoping to surprise Crowley, go on a picnic with him in celebration of saving the world just two days ago.

"Just here, thank you," I said to the cab driver as he pulled up to the side of the street.

I gave him his payment and shuffled from out of the cab. As I approached Crowley's flat, I realized that his front door was ajar, just barely open. I was filled with confusion as this was very odd to leave the front door to a home open in the middle of central London. I shrugged to myself, it was Crowley after all.

As I quietly pushed the door open I was greeted by a soft singing. I remained quiet as I began to investigate the strange noise. The voice seemed to very closely resemble that of my dear friend Crowley. But it couldn't have been him, he doesn't sing, no... not Crowley.

The voice continued to sing softly, it was rather lovely singing. I was approaching the singing as I peeked into a room and witnessed Crowley. His legs were propped up onto a desk as he leaned back in a chair and sang softly to himself.

I noticed the lyrics to a song he often played in his Bentley, it was the words to Bohemian Rapsody by Queen. I liked that song and listening to him sing it made me adore that song even more. I listened for a little bit more before finally revealing myself from behind the doorway.

"That sounded lovely Crowley!" I exclaimed as he jumped from his chair with a look of exasperation.

"What are you doing here?!" He spat with a scowl.

I realized that I had angered him as I composed myself quickly, "I simply came to surprise you, I wanted to go to a picnic since the whole armageddon shenanigan."

I made sure to give him my warmest smile, hopefully, to ease his nerves. And yes, I knew long before that my smiles seemed to do wonders against Crowley. His frown did indeed twist into a more compelled line as he eyed me with his serpent eyes.

"Thank you," He said suddenly.

"I'm sorry?" I asked as I cocked an eyebrow.

"My singing-"

"Oh yes! Your welcome! I didn't know you carried such a pleasant voice," I began as I beamed at him.

I found that radiating a smile consistently when replying to him found to help him with his grumpy or upset tones. He nearly always gave in and eased up.

"Don't fluster angel, now about that picnic?" He started as he stood and stretched his legs.

"Oh picnic, yes. I was thinking of you and I meeting up tomorrow at St. James's park," I explained.

"Looks like that's settled," He said.

"What could we eat on the picnic, that's quite important too," I went on.

Crowley cleared his throat, "Well... I have a kitchen in the next room, we could surely make some food?"

I widened my eyes, "You can cook? I thought you didn't eat much?"

"Oh come on, 6,000 years on this earth, you better believe that I can cook!" Boasted Crowley as he gestured with his hand for me to follow him.

Excitement flourished through me as I smiled and followed him through his flat. I was finding out more things about him in less than 10 minutes than the 6,000 years that I had known him.

Crowley then halted at a doorway and motioned towards a rather grand kitchen. Its white marble island ready to be prepared upon, and the stove shining quite brightly indeed.

"Why this is just marvelous Crowley!" I said in delight.

"Ah, don't sweat it, angel," He said with a dismissive wave of his hand.

I grinned as I slowly walked around the kitchen, inspecting the pristine clean floor and tabletops.

"Right," Said Crowley as he clasped his hands together. "What would you like to prepare?"

"Oh, well we could do sandwiches? Those are the main course for most picnics," I explained.

"Sandwiches it is!" Exclaimed Crowley as he twirled around and rummaged through his fridge which was tucked in the corner of the kitchen.

I went to the sink to wash my hands as it was the first rule of cooking. I had taken lessons from a neighboring bakery just a bit off from my bookshop.

"Crowley?" I called out as I turned to face him.

"Hm?" He said, his back still facing me as he shuffled around in the fridge, pulling out foods and such.

"Shouldn't we require aprons?" I asked.

Crowley slowly turned to me as he cocked an eyebrow.

"Aprons?" He asked.

"You don't have any?" I asked.

"I- well, no..." He began.

I smiled as I dried my hand on a towel. I then snapped my fingers and aprons appeared onto our persons.

Mine was a light yellow with thin white stripes running horizontally across it. I looked over at Crowley as he stared at his own apron of which also hung onto him. Its pattern was identical except the main apron was black and the stripes ran a red colour.

I smiled warmly at him, "There, we have gotten our aprons."

Crowley gave a small pout before spilling the contents in his arms out onto the table. There were bread and some accompanying vegetables to add to the sandwich making.

The two of us worked the rest of the afternoon making a tray of sandwiches, both of us keeping up a small conversation. Finally, we had prepared the snacks for tomorrow as Crowley set the tray of sandwiches back into the fridge.

"You know you could just stay at my place of you'de like, then we could leave in the morning together?" He suggested.

I was still hesitant to this and dismissed it, "I really should head back to my shop, I still have quite a few things to tend to," I explained.

Crowley bit his lip, "Oh right, yeah. Till tomorrow then angel."

I exited his flat and hailed a cab, a small smile remained on my lips as I gazed out the window of the car.

-

~Part two of this will be posted tomorrow, kind of a sequel. Basically, it'll be about Aziraphale's and Crowley's next day picnic. I hope you enjoyed this one! ;)~