THREE

Tu Jo Nigaahein Phair Le
Mujhse,
Mera Qissa.... Tamaam Ho Jaaye.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

After that incident Maria started avoiding Mustafa like a plague whenever he tried initiating a talk with her or at times she avoided coming downstairs just to ignore him.

But at the same time she wasn't able to avoid his presence during the meals and today was such day. Much to his luck no one was present for the breakfast except Maria who was sitting quietly on the table with her head down waiting for everyone to join.

Clearing his throat he tried getting her attention which he did as she sat up straight sensing someone's presence with her.

"Asalaamualaikum."

Greeting her he sat beside her startling her with his actions.

"Walaikum assalam."

She too replied but formal tone and stood up much to his dismay. His expressions turned into a frown seeing her leave.

"Where are you going ?"

"Kitchen."

Her short reply and the way she didn't even turned to look at him while replying his question left him bothered. He was upset seeing she doesn't even want to look at his face, let alone talk with him but at the same was determined that he'll talk with her and solve everything between them.

So he did what his heart told. He got up from his place and followed her inside the kitchen. The helper who was standing inside the kitchen helping her saw him and immediately left the place, leaving them alone which she wasn't aware of.

"Bano can you please pass me the strawberries ?"

Her back was turned towards him  and she was busy cooking something.

"Bano ?"

Her hand extended waiting for the plate of strawberries. Mustafa who was in a trance seeing her immediately passed her the plate when their fingers touched for fraction of seconds. She gasped feeling goosebumps rise on her skin with the unknown contact and turned back finding Mustafa standing close to her. He was standing behind her back too close to her liking and took a step back to create distance when he pulled her towards himself startling her.

"Are you mad ? You could have got burnt."

He held her more tightly distancing her from the stove which was just behind her back.

"I am fine."

Giving him an uneasy smile she removed his hands which were resting on her waist and switched off the gas stove, plating the pancakes and decorated them, ignoring him completely turning him red in anger.

"Are you ignoring me deliberately ?"

He turned her towards himself while holding her hand and glared at her for ignoring him.

"I am not. So, please can you leave my hand."

She answered him politely getting her hand out of his hold, not meeting his eyes as she herself knew that she was lying.

"You are."

She was lying and he knew it. She wasn't meeting his eyes.

"Well if you say so."

She turned to leave when he tried holding her hand again to which she pulled away before he could hold her again, warning him.

"Don't."