Chapter 38

Nathaniel handed me a glass of champagne in it. I took a sip of it and sat on the sofa in the lounge area. My husbands sat next to me.

The ball has multiple lounge areas that each family can sit in. It also had a view of the ballroom's dance floor and of course, you can see other lounge areas.

"You look beautiful," Nathaniel said and he gently kissed my hand.

"Haven't you said that already?" I asked him.

" Have I? I guess I forgot."

"I don't mind telling you that multiple times because you're indeed beautiful," Nathaniel told me.

"And your charm brightens your beauty even more," Alexander added a compliment, then he kissed my left hand.

It felt like the ice was melting in my heart, which I didn't know I had. My cheeks had reddened.

Will I ever get used to their compliments?

"Well aren't you both charming, complimenting out of the sudden?" I giggled and took the sip of champagne.

"What else can we say if our wife is beautiful," Nathaniel answered and I smiled.

I looked at the other lounge areas, I can see that some couples are either flirting or seducing. I guess the lounge area is more appropriate to show public affection.

Soon, my husbands invited me for a few more dances.

Other men have tried to invite me to the dance, but I declined using the excuse that I was tired. I think I already developed blisters on my feet.

I decided to go to the balcony to breathe some fresh air.

As I looked at the garden from the balcony, I saw the wife arguing with her husband, even almost slapping him.

It was normal in Ravendale and I couldn't do anything about it.

I returned to the ballroom and saw a woman scream at Nathaniel.

"How dare you!"

I wish I could just stay on the balcony for a few minutes since I believe Nathaniel would have handled it by himself, but since I'm in the same room as them, I have to be a peacemaker. My reputation would plummet if I weren't responsible for my husband's actions.

"What happened?" I calmly asked the woman with a calm face. Although inside I didn't want to be in this situation.

"He broke my hand." She was clutching her hand, but it wasn't obvious to me that her hand wasn't broken since I studied medicine in Etria.

But it seems Nathaniel used the method, where he twisted her thumb and after and if she moved that thumb it would return to its place.

A sneaky tactic, but also cruel.

"Your hand isn't broken," I told her.

"How would you know, you're not a doctor, are you?" She scowled.

"I'm not a doctor, yet. But I studied medicine. Indicating that you can move freely with all five fingers meaning your hand isn't broken." I stated. A lady moved all her fingers, then her astonished expression appeared on her face.

"Still, he tried to attack me!" She exclaimed.

"Oh please! Why would my husband specifically attack you?" I said.

"Are you trying to say he searched for a person, so he can break a person's hand today? Or you deliberately harassed my husband?"

"In any way, it's improper to harass someone else's husband or slander them," I stated.