|TWENTY-ONE|

It was the Fourth of July and that meant that they only had a few more weeks until they had to leave the Lake House and go back to their homes. Nobody wanted to leave just yet, so they decided to make the most of it.

And it was only a month away until the Feder Twins were officially seventeen. They were the eldest of their friend group, Braden's birthday being a week after and Andre's birthday being the month after.

"Maisie, I need you to go to the grocery story and buy some things for tonight." Roxanne waddled to her daughter, a slight bump forming since she was pregnant.

"Uh, sure. Just write a list Mom." Maisie mumbled, focusing on braiding Charlotte's hair.

"The girls and I already did." Roxanne held the piece of paper out just as Maisie finished wrapping the hair tie on the ends of Charlotte's hair.

Maisie grabbed the piece of paper from her Mom's hand, standing up. "I'll be back later."

She walked outside of the cabin, finding her boyfriend sitting around with the boys and Dad, "Braden, I'm going to the store. You wanna go with?"

"Of course, baby." Braden stood up and followed his girlfriend towards her car.

"That boy is so whipped." Lenny laughed, taking a sip from his beer.

✖✖✖

"What's on that list?" Braden asked, pushing the buggy with Maisie to his left.

"Uh, hot dog stuff, stuff to make burgers, cupcakes, drinks, plates, napkins, forks." She read off, ducking under his arm so that she was walking between him.

She stood on the bugged, leaning over as Braden kept pushing it.

"We need to stop and get fireworks too." She said, "Because they didn't put that on the list and Becky will be disappointed that she doesn't get her sparklers."

✖✖✖

"They're gonna kill us." Braden mumbled as him and Maisie pulled back up at the lake house.

"You're the one that picked them all out!" Maisie exclaimed, opening her car door and jumping out of it. "All I wanted was the small ones and Becky's sparklers, but now it was all 'Go big or go home' with you."

Braden laughed as they guys came out to help.

"What the hell?" Kurt laughed, pulling a rocket out.

"It was all Braden." Maisie said, grabbing the think of cupcakes and a few bags before walking off.

"Margo! Margo!" Becky and Bean ran over to the older girl.

"What's up, babies?" She asked, sitting the stuff on the counter.

"Did you get the fireworks?" Bean asked with a grin.

"Oh, her and Braden got the fireworks alright." Greg said, walking in with a handful of them.

"Maisie!" Roxanne exclaimed, looking at her daughter with wide eyes.