18

A/N:

Hey guys - I know personally how easy it is to move on without voting - I am guilty of it myself.  But if you are enjoying the book or chapter please take a second to vote. It moves the book up in ratings, and will help this book be found by more readers. Soooo... If you think my first book is worth reading leave a comment or vote :)

I will respond to comments, so feel free to ask questions, or leave feedback.

Issacs POV:

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  I wish there had been more information available on Peacekeepers because never would I have imagined she could weald power like that.  I don't know how she did it, but in an instant she stopped all the fighting, even the vampires stopped with their fangs snapping back in.  The weaker wolves were laying down submissively, and the Alphas were sitting looking around absolutely confused with what they were seeing.

It was hard even for me not to be affected.  This was so strong, overpowering.  Like a weighted blanket of peace and contentment.   But, for my wolf there was nothing to feel contented about when I saw that Vampire take off with Roxy in his arms. I wanted to run after her.  My wolf and I need her.  

It was just our luck to be attacked the moment she let down her guard with me.  God she was fantastic.  Her body was made to fit mine and the chemistry between us is mind blowing.  In our community, there used to be a thing as sole mates.  But over the centuries no one knows why, but it died out.  Now to be mated, the choice is yours.  The wolf and the man have to agree on the same she wolf.  And my wolf was fussy.   He had never taken interest in anyone.  Ever.  The moment he had laid eyes on Roxy, even when she was human, he couldn't get enough of her.

We want her to be ours.  I want to claim her.  She brought me back to life, out of my robotic living.

And now some asshole has abducted her!  It happened so fast, I lost the opportunity to give chase when a vampire tackled me down.  I had roared with fury, and fought him to the death.  His blood drenching me, but he deserved it.  He cost me my chance of stopping them!   

There was seven vampires in total who had revealed themselves.  How they covered their scent and appearance is concerning.  And something I will need look into later.  

I've shaken off the remainder of Roxys work, like shaking out your fur when you get out of the pool; when I saw a vampire stumble out of the event room covered in blood.   Someone elses blood.  Now, I have nothing against other species.  We are all just trying to live in harmony as best we can.  But for vampires they rub me the wrong way.   The same way that sex should be consensual, drinking someones blood should be too.  They take what they want.  Fuck, they have her.  God knows what she will experience.

I need to find her, and this vamp here might just be my ticket to get her back.  I mind link Andrew making him quickly gather the other alphas to help me.  I don't want to kill this vamp.  But, he's going to be strong with all the blood he just indulged in.   

Stalking over to him, I channel all my emotions into taking him down, and believe me, there's a lot of anger there.  He smirks at me and settles into a fighting stance.  Oh you are going to regret your arrogance especially now you don't have the element of surprise in your favor asshole.   

He launches himself at me, and we fly around the room in a furious brawl.  He's skilled, but not skilled enough.  And his strength does not match mine, making me wonder if he is a young vampire.   He's taken chunks of flesh from my shoulder and arm.  But I don't care for right now.  I cannot and will not let him escape.   Right as I sink my fangs into his throat, I hear growls behind me.  Andrew leaps onto us with Jackson, pinning him down while someone else has gotten silver bindings.