Doubtful Mind

You anxiously pulled at the hem of your dress. You were back in your room, sitting on your bed. You didn't know why you felt so bad, but you really did. Aiden and Connor had opened your eyes to your feelings, so why was Micah trying to ruin that. You felt happy with them, why would he try to take that away.

Do you? Are you sure about that? A voice said in your head. Are you willing to risk your friendship to prove that? Do the princes love you? It echoed constantly in your mind.

Do you...Do you...Are you... You brought your hands over your ears and shook your head.

Are you really happy?

"Yes!" You cried as you shot up from the bed and the sound of a door opening hit your ears. You looked over to see Connor and Aiden looking at you in confusion and worry.

"Dear? Is everything alright?" Aiden asked as he came towards you. You shook but you didn't know what emotion was causing it.

"(Y/n). You look distressed." Connor said as he slowly cupped your cheek. "What's wrong?"

Your hand reached up and touched his, "I-I'm so confused." You whispered as you felt Aiden guide you to the bed. You sat down and he rubbed your back, Connor kneeling in front of you.

"What are you confused about?" Aiden asked softly.

"Love!" You cried out, staring at the floor.

Connor raised his eyebrows, "Why are you confused about love?"

You looked up, your (e/c) eyes filled with tears, "Do you two love me?!"

Aiden looked taken aback and Connors eyes widened.

"Of course, we do dear!" Aiden nuzzled your neck and you felt both relief and sadness flood your systems. Why was there sadness?

"Why would you doubt that?" Connor asked softly as he held your hands in his.

Something in your mind told you not to mention Micah, "I just thought...Something in my mind told me that you didn't, that I didn't. I got so scared."

Aidens lips brushed your skin before he looked at you, smiling, "You love us don't you?"

You furrowed your brow, "Yes."

"Well then there's nothing to be worried about. We love you more than anything else in this world (Y/n)." There was an underlying dark tone in his voice, but you brushed it off and nodded.

Connor smiled leant forward and planted a soft kiss on your lips, "Don't forget it dear."

You smiled and wiped away the tears in your eyes. "How was your ride?"

Aiden's eyes brightened, "Thrilling. It would have been better if you were there though."

You blushed and looked away, "I'm not very good at riding." You murmured.

Connor laughed, "You seemed pretty good with Reed that one day."

You glanced at him, "He was instructing me the entire time. I was so scared I thought I would die."

It was Aidens turn to laugh, "Nonsense. My brother and I would never let you get a scratch if you rode with us."

You smiled appreciatively, "Thank you, but I don't think it's my type of thing."

Connor smirked, "Then what is your type of thing?"

You bit your lip. What were you good at? You seemed to anger Micah and the princes easily. Maybe that was your thing.