True Ending

You slowed down as you made your way into the forest. You scanned the trees for any signs that Reed was there.

Come on (Y/n)...Think! Reed needs you!

You narrowed your eyes and thought for a moment. Reed had been leading everyone away to the north, so he must've had to turn around at some point and come the way you had.

You nodded silently and continued running. You were going to find him, you didn't care what it'd take.

It didn't help that there were still guards out looking for you. Connor and Aiden could go anywhere with ease, but you had to maneuver around dozens of guards.

Your footsteps echoed lightly around the forest as you continued to scan the trees. You had passed the main village and were parallel to the road now. Straining your ears to hear any guards, you couldn't pick up anything and risked calling his name.

"Reed?" You called out as you continued running.

No answer.

Worry started to grow inside you. What if he'd come another way?

"Reed?!" You winced at how loud you were and glanced at the main road. No one was there, thankfully.

Where are you...

Tears threatened to come back as you continued to run. You couldn't save Micah. You couldn't even save your family and friends...but you had a chance to save Reed.

"She seems to be trying hard, doesn't she brother?" Aiden murmured as he watched you run back towards the palace.

Connors jaw tensed, "Yes. It's a little annoying."

They had been following you for a few minutes, keeping a safe distance away.

Aiden sighed and looked up at the trees, "This is boring."

Connor laughed, his eyes still on you, "How about we go do our job. The guards have reported the child's location."

Aidens eyes glinted darkly, "Have they now? Well, we are obliged to carry out our part of the game."

Connor and Aiden guided their horses away from you and towards the main road. The cut through the trees and entered the forest on the other side, grins on their faces.

Your heart stopped as you watched Connor and Aiden cross the main road. They had been so close to you. You'd almost gotten caught.

Why are they going that way...

You slowed to a stop and looked at the forest on the other side. Had they somehow gotten information that Reed was that way? You balled your hands into fists, cursed yourself for being stupid, and ran out into the main road. You quickly darted into the forest and looked around.

Where did they go?

You scanned the floor to see if there were any visible horse tracks. After stumbling around for a few minutes, you found some. Praying that they were the princes and not the guards, you ran the way they were headed.

You ran in silence for a few minutes before a voice cut through your thoughts.

"(Y/n)!" a voice screamed.

Your face paled and you ran towards the voice.

"Reed!?" You cried out as you shoved your way through low hanging branches.