Chapter 6: Changes

"Then Your Majesty. . .what kind of treasure did my mother give you?"

Lanying wasn't blind to see her father's and stepmother's expressions upon hearing about her mother's treasure. She knew that they would do anything to get it from her when they go back to the manor, but alas they won't know what's coming to bite them.

Her father and stepmother were once people she loved, but that all became void the moment Lanying heard that she wasn't their daughter and was just a child born from her mother's lover. That was once in the past that made her slightly bitter, and this time their lives won't matter to her even if she's asked to be filial to them.

Even Yin Xingxing won't be filial to them because being a Starseer means to cut all family ties to those that aren't destined to walk the same path as her. That's why only she and Yin Long were the only family members that matter to her.

It's sad, but that's the life of a Starseer.

"Your mother gifted me a very special treasure that the heavens would not dare to touch. It's very divine and only those who are chosen to wield its powers will achieve immortality!"

Immortality?

Whispers of gossip spread around inside the palace, obviously showing their greed and expectations for it but Emperor Yang Chao notices the people's greediness and laughed merrily. "Although it will bring one immortality, one who isn't chosen to wield its powers can be destroyed. Your mother demonstrated that fact by having it been held by a captured assassin and not only did the treasure destroyed the man, it left his soul to be distinguished so that he won't ever reincarnate."

Thump!

The heartbeats of many were silent after hearing the Emperor's words. A treasure that can bring immortality can also bring destruction of the soul! Therefore the people vying for it were suddenly afraid of having to get their souls dispersed!

"This treasure. . .what is the name of it?"

Lanying wasn't afraid of the latter because if her mother personally brought it to the Emperor, then she of her mother's bloodline could also hold it without any setbacks!

Emperor Yang Chao looked at her with smiling eyes and chuckles. "Since it was your mother's, Zhen will give it back to you so you can bring it along to the Star Spirit Sect. The name of this treasure is the Mystical Blue Rose Of Destiny."

The Mystical Blue Rose Of Destiny?

"Ah? Sect Leader has also told me to obtain the Mystical Blue Rose Of Destiny before I head over to the sect. To think that my mother's treasure was it! This scholar's daughter thanks the benevolence of His Majesty for bestowing this destined treasure for this scholar's daughter!"

. . .

After the banquet, back at her courtyard at home, Lanying was holding the precious Mystical Blue Rose on her palm. She displayed a radiant smile on her face after seeing the shocked reactions of her father and stepmother when she said the words of the sect leader. It was satisfying to see them finally getting face-slapped by one of their family members.

But the matter about the Star Spirit Sect Leader was all planned out by Yin Xingxing. Of course the thing about her heading to the sect was true because of her new lease on life. She needs to become strong enough so she could protect her beloved people, and it starts by entering the sect!

"His Majesty was definitely exaggerating about this divine artifact able to bring you immortality." Yin Long sat next to his sister with his hand on his cheek, looking at the Blue Rose on her palm. "The Mystical Blue Rose Of Destiny forbids anyone touching it except for the chosen bloodline. Which is your mother's ancestry." For a future scholar, knowing a lot about books was a norm for a bookworm.