Chapter 8: First Prince, So Daddy?

Yang Tian chuckles at Lanying's words and looked over to Yin Long and Yin Xingxing walking over to the three of them. Yin Long saw Yang Peng hiding behind his elder brother and couldn't help but cast a disdainful expression towards him for acting like this in front of his youngest sister.

"Yang Peng, have you gone mad?"

"Who's mad?! It's your sister who's mad! She was about to beat me with a stick!"

"Does his highness want me to demonstrate?"

Lanying smiles at the Seventh Prince with clear intentions in her eyes. Needless to say, he was still the same as a young child but only a little mature than his elder brother the First Prince Yang Tian.

When Yang Peng heard her words he was smart enough to stop talking and look at Yin Long who had a smug look on his face.

This traitor is favoring his sister over me?! When did you become a doting elder brother?!

"Alright, let's not argue any further. I've invited First Prince and Seventh Prince to come see us off but to also tell you two that Prince Yang Tian is coming along with us to the sect."

Yin Xingxing explains to her sister and brother who in turn gave her both confused glances. Xingxing then explains further that he needed to do some important work over at Star Spirit Mountain where the sect was located.

"Then what about Yang Peng? What's he doing here anyways?"

"Yin Long, is it that disgusting to have me see you all off?"

"Peng! Yes."

Much to his chagrin, the Seventh Prince could not get over the fact that his pal and his best friend were the only ones to mock his name as a sound effect, but he was glad that Yin Long's elder brother was much more mature than him.

"Your highnesses, misses and young master, the carriages have arrived." Qiao Na came over to inform them and stood at Lanying's side. "There is also a carriage for Seventh Prince due to His Majesty's words of bringing his highness back to the palace to discipline him."

Busted.

"You sneaked away from the palace again?" Lanying was already used to it long ago but the fact that the Emperor took this long to notice quite amazed her since Yang Peng had professional hiding skills. So he wasn't invited! He just came here on his own volition!

"You guys are going to leave me here alone in this place. How can I not stay put? In any case I won't have to get you chasing me anymore and have him berating me for sleeping on the job."

"An important job of maintaining your reputation across the country! If you don't manage that then how are you going to marry?!"

"I can have Lanying pretend to be my wife!"

". . ."

Thump.

"Cough. Xiao Peng, you made her frozen."

Yang Tian clears his throat and slightly berated his youngest brother for saying those words in front of people. He might have been joking but this eldest brother knew that those words lie deep, making himself quite. . .weird. Fortunately they were heading towards the same destination and he hopes to become close friends with her more just to tease him.

As for Yin Long, he begins to chase after the atrocious seventh prince for thinking of using his sister as a victim of his schemes until they stopped to catch their breaths.

"S-Sister Xingxing, how about we head off right about now?" Lanying said and went ahead with Qiao Na, walking quick in her footsteps to the first carriage where Qiao Chi was awaiting. She head inside to sit down and put both her hands on her cheeks.

Stupid Yang Peng!

Why did you say such words?!

The fact that his words resonated in her more than Yang Le's handsome charm said about a lot of things. It's making her thaw her coldness inside.

"Is my little sister embarrassed?~"

The starseer got inside the same carriage as her and chuckles at her current state. See? That's the difference between your best friend and the former husband you married in the previous life.

Though she may have matured, her purity of the people around her remains unchanged. And that needs to sharpen.

"W-Whos embarrassed? If I dwell any further I won't be able to focus on becoming strong. He's just going to be a hindrance."

Ouch. If Yang Peng were to hear her words, he would've coughed blood right about now.

"It's Yin Long and his highness the First Prince!"

"They're so handsome. . ."

"Indeed. Scholar Hao's eldest son is just too handsome! I wonder if he is looking for partners?"

"Didn't you hear? He'll be heading to the Star Spirit Sect with his sisters, so he won't be here. . ."

"Then what about his highness the First Prince?"

"He'll also be going for important business."

"Ah! The First Prince smiled!"

"Really?! Let me see!"

Once Yang Tian and Yin Long came out to their carriage, there were many young ladies of different residences looking at them for opportunities in the street. They thought if they were able to catch their attention, their future will be set in success.

Yet it's unfortunate that their motives and personalities are way too much for these two young men who have higher standards for capable candidates. Even Yang Peng.

"Prince Yang Tian's beauty is way beyond the Crown Prince's. Why wasn't he the Crown Prince?"

"It's said that he didn't want to take the throne and wanted to watch over the country when the Crown Prince reigns."

"He sounds like a handsome immortal!"

"He's so daddy!!!"

Lanying almost fell over to the side of her seat once she heard those words. The young ladies' gossips were no stranger to her but once she heard those sudden words, her whole face just went blank.

So daddy?

Isn't daddy an endearing word that young children often say to their father's? How was Yang Tian daddy?

"Sister Xingxing, why did that one person call the First Prince. . .daddy?"

"Speak no more. I'm afraid that young lady was too invested in those romantic stories with that word in there, and I don't advise you to call any men that word."

"Yes, you're right. That's quite a word that shouldn't be said to young, unmarried men."

Xingxing mentally facepalmed herself.

That young lady whose soul is from another world. . .

You should watch what you say!