Chapter 6

Man could never be satisfied with what he had

Man could never be satisfied with what he had. He always wanted more. More was what he craved. Less was never enough. He always begged for more, and the Lord being the most merciful and  gracious granted him.

It was almost a greedy game, wanting worldly treasures, forgetting that the true life was after death.

I traced the thick golden net casted all around the four walls of the small room. My eyes casting at the beautifully architected Mazaar.

The Islamic art displaying on the tiles glued to the walls. The blues and white with contrasting yellow were the speciality. The designing so spectacular that one could only stare amazed. The plain white tiles of the floor were shining under the bright day sky. The large veranda, mopped and shining as the white tiles covered yards. The building wasn't very large rather a cocooned place. The grave was inside the small room of the building. A large dome was white which sat proudly on the top of the white Mazaar.

I reminded dazed, looking around.

I had never in my life visited a shrine before.

And just being here, I felt so observant. There was so much to look at. So much to discover.

Moving away from golden net, I walked into the open veranda, bare foot. I felt overwhelmed. My heart just as restless as before.

The large dark green gates were open as people after people entered through them, the believers. Mulazim's wife had told me that the shrine was of a Sufi saint and was very notable among the people. And so generations after generation, people still visited him to request for their needs. Or to simply pray fateha.

Folding my arms around my body, I looked at the men dressed in colorful red and green frocks as they sat in a corner under a tree playing the hand made instruments and singing out qawali.

The darvesh, were in their own daze as they twirled slowly as if they could hear a music only being played for their ears. The man with the drum sat below them as he played it expertly. An environment of Sufism surrounding all around basking any soul.

I closed my eyes tightly, everything overwhelming me. Everyone, I saw it in their eyes, they had a purpose. And I on the other hand was a lost soul, searching for something so unknown that it made my chest tighten.

I was lost.

Badly.

I didn't even know of my next steps.

A small hand reached towards mine, before I felt fingers curling around mine. Opening my eyes wide, I stared at the small boy that smiled at me. The freckles over his nose making him look even adorable with his dark eyes.

I leaned down towards him but he brought his hand up, surprising me. Placing a red thread on my palm, he pulled me somewhere. Tightening my fingers around the thread, I followed after the small boy that led me through the crowd to a partition opposite to the shrine building.