A Robot's Advice

For the rest of the week, Kokichi continued to pester Shuichi, from pretending that he left all his stuff at school only to reveal that he had no stuff to begin with, to claiming that he was the master of Hide and Seek and hiding from Shuichi in his own home, to him just not even showing up at Shuichi's locker in the first place. 

By Friday, Shuichi was over it. They hadn't even put their names on the project yet and Shuichi was freaking out a bit. Kaede and Rantaro had already gotten a good start on their project and Kaito and Maki weren't far behind. Shuichi's group was the only one behind. Today, Shuichi was determined to make Kokichi work, whether he liked it or not.

Walking into the class with a determined look on his face, he sees Kokichi no where in sight, as usual...

"Hey Shuichi! How'd yesterday go?" Kaito asks in a happy tone. Shuichi turns around with a dead look in his eyes.

"Horrible... we 'played Hide and Seek' in my house and I couldn't even find him! He might still be in my house," Shuichi groans, slumping into his chair.

"Hey bro, don't complain! Maybe since a week has passed, he'll try to work with you! I believe in him!" Kaito yells, putting his fists together and making a weird face.

"What's all this yelling?" Asks a monotone voice. Shuichi looks behind Kaito to see a green haired Rantaro.

"Ah, nothing. Just... Kokichi isn't the best partner," Shuichi sighs.

"Well, if you want, I could help you," Rantaro suggests. "Kaede and I are way ahead in the project, so I got some time to spare,"

"R-Really? Wow, thanks Rantaro," Shuichi smiles in much higher spirits than before. Rantaro just nods with a small smirk on his face. Then the bell rings and class begins.

As usual, after the teacher had called roll, the purple haired boy walked into the classroom. He sat down next to Shuichi with a smile on his face, however, he had a bandage on his cheek. Shuichi wonders how he got it.

"Okay class, today will be a project work day! Please get with your partners and work on the project! Remember, you only have two weeks left!" And with that, the class bursts into conversation. Kokichi spins in his chair towards Shuichi.

"So, what should we work on?" Kokichi asks. Shuichi give him a little side eye.

"Sorry Kokichi but I'm going to work with Rantaro," Shuichi says blankly. He picks up his stuff and walks to Rantaro's desk, where he's greeted by Kaede and Rantaro.

Kokichi stays in his seat. His eyes follow Shuichi as he goes to Rantaro and Kaede's desk. The detective's face immediately lights up when he reaches them. Hey, why doesn't Shuichi's face light up like that when he hangs out with Kokichi? Something pinches at the supreme leaders heart.

Why does he care? Now he'll just be bored right? Not a big deal...

Kokichi slaps his cheeks a little. Get it together! You're an ultimate supreme leader! Kokichi gets up and trots over to Keebo, the ultimate robot, so that he can annoy him. Kokichi decides to do that for the rest of class, even though the teacher yelled at him. Once the bell rung, Kokichi decided to try again.

"Should I meet you at your locker?" Kokichi asks Shuichi, placing his hands behind his head.

"Sorry, but I'm working with Rantaro again," Shuichi responds, trying to walk out the classroom. Kokichi feels that pinch in his heart again. When Shuichi gets by him, Kokichi grabs his arm. "Uh.. Kokichi?"

Shit. Kokichi realizes what he just did and tries to play it off. "Aww, does Shuichi not like me anymore?" He says in a playful tone. He knows his lie works because Shuichi says,