Prologue

It was just like the last time. Only this time, it started in a hospital.....

The violent ringing reverberated around the dark room the small boy sat in. His bare feet dangling off the side of the bed as the phone rang on the bedside table.

The boy couldn't quite remember what exactly he was doing or where exactly he was.

Tediously, he reached over for the phone and answered.

"Hello?"

"It's okay, Sal.." It sounded like his father, "everything is going to be okay now...come and see...."

"Who is this?" Sal wanted to be sure of himself. The voice was definitely familiar, but he didn't want to jump to conclusions.

"Sal, come and find me...." The line went dead after that.

"Weird, sounded like my Dad," the boy muttered to himself.

Getting up off of the mattress, Sal stumbled over the night stand- pushing it out of the way slightly, his small feet came into contact with some small metal object.

Sal's hand ran along the walls of the room before coming into contact with the slight switch- instantly flooding the room with light. The first thing he noticed was how much to room reminded him of a hospital, but he paid no mind to it as his deep blue orbs scanned the room to find a key on the floor in front of the night stand he accidentally pushed over.

Using the key, Sal made his way out of the room and trailed through a corridor that eventually led his outside.

The sky above was dark and gloomy as it rained down onto the poor boy, soaking his light blue hospital gown and bandages that wrapped around his little head. Sal ignored this as his attention was drawn to a group of adults all dressed in black with their backs to him- they seemed to be hunched over something, but Sal was far too small to even squeeze through them.

Eventually giving up, Sal made his way over to a large Oak tree where a large black dog with wild yellow eyes laid.

"Who's a good doggy?" Sal bent down to be at eye level with the creature. "Who's a good boy?!"

"I buried her alive, kid. You tell me," Sal was taken aback by the reply that came from the beasts mouth.

"Huh?"

"Go see for yourself," the dog nodded in the direction Sal just came from before it's body disintegrated in a cloud of hazy smoke right before his eyes.

Sal took a moment to collect his bearings before he turned to face the direction the dog pointed to- only to see the group of people were now gone and in place was a tome stone.

Diane Fisher

1948-1984

Beloved mother and wife

A gaping whole was in place where the coffin would typically be. Without many options, Sal climbed down into the grave that eventually broke off into some sort of building. Walking along the room, Sal was met with the back of his father.

"Dad?"

"You are not my son. My son is not a murderer...." Not a second later did his father blink out of existence, only leaving behind a shadow outline of where he once stood.

Sal clenched his hands but continued on until the room shifted to that of a morgue.

Across the room laid out on a bed was his mother- her blonde locks of hair tangled across her pillow she lay motionless on.

".....Mom?" His voice came out broken, "....are you?....."

---

"And that's when I woke up," Sal explained to the doctor before him. His prosthetic mask lay before him on the coffee table that separated the two.

"Hmm, yes, it's an interesting dream," his doctor, Enon, commented.

Enon was an older man, maybe around his late 30's early 40's with a think handlebar mustache that covered the entirety of his upper lip- causing it to move every time he spoke.

"I think we should come back to that dream later but for now can you tell me more about the body?"

"Which one?"

"The second one, the one from the apartment..." Sal shifted in his chair as he began his tale-tell of misfortune.

"Dad and I had just moved in. I had a weird feeling about that place right away...."

Stereotype weirdo (Sal Fisher x reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें