Chapter 16: Not alone

"There's someone in here!" Larry let out a surprised gasp. And sure enough, there was.

On the far side of the bedroom land an old wrinkled man in nothing but a diaper hooked up to a life support system. He was also strapped down to the bed post's.

"Hello?" Sal called out, clearly just as shocked as the rest of them. "Uh, Mr. Packerton? Hello?"

"Sal, he can't answer you," you deadpanned. "I don't think he can even hear us. It looks like he's a vegetable, but why is he strapped down?"

"Man, this is fucked...And definitely where that rancid smell is coming from too, yuck." Larry gagged.

"Let's get a quick look around and then get out of here," Sal suggested.

"Yeah, you go ahead and do that, I'll wait for you outside. I don't want to be here for another second." You shuddered before stepping out of the room and into the hallway.

---

An hour passed, or maybe it was two? No matter, you were growing impatient by the minute.

'What is taking them so long?' You asked yourself.

Suddenly, you heard footsteps approach from down the hall and immediately perked up at the sight of Ashley.

"Oh, hey, I didn't think you were even coming." You greeted.

"Yeah, well, I managed to get out of watching my brother. Is this the place?" She gestured towards Packerton's door, the one you were casually leaning against.

"Yeah, let's head in. Sal and Larry have already started the investigation."

"I hope that was the right thing to do..." Sal trailed off as he watched the lifeline drop suddenly."You didn't have a choice, man. The poor guy was in so much pain. It's what he wanted." Larry assured in his own sort of way.

"Yeah, I guess so, I just-" Sal was suddenly cut off by the sound of the apartment door opening and closing

"Oh shit! She's back!" Larry whisper-yelled.

"Quick! Behind the dresser!"

The two moron's then clambered behind said furniture and held onto each other for dear life as the sound of two foot-fall's surrounded the air.

"If we don't make it out alive..." Larry began. "I...I love you, man."

"I love you too, man. You're the best friend I've ever had, you know?"