Chapter 13: Got bologna?

"Got more bologna," [Name] declared as she stepped into the science lab. Sal instantly raised as gaze to meet her's, curious to hear what she had to say. "Perfect," Todd responded.

"Kim said that it's made by Mrs. Packerton."

"Whoa, no way, dude!" Larry stood from his chair. "She lives in the apartments, how can she make her own lunch meats?"

"Oh, yeah!" Sal was the next to speak. "I forgot she lives there. I hardly ever saw her. I've probably seen her in the building twice since I moved here."

"She tends to return at late hours," Todd stated. "I believe that she keeps multiple jobs. Teachers don't get paid as well as you may think, so it's fairly common. However, when Mrs. Packerton is home she makes quite a lot of noise. It's very peculiar."

"So what do we do?" Ash asked. "Should we ask Packerton about this odd side business of hers? Or are you guys going to do your whole detective thing?"

"Heh," Larry laughed. "I don't know, what do you think, Sal?"

"Let's do a little snooping before going to Packerton. I don't like the way this is playing out," the blue haired teen answered. "If something mysterious is going on, it'd be best not to let Packerton know that we've looking into it. Alright, why don't you and Larry go check out Mrs. Packerton's classroom while the teacher's are on break? [Name], Todd, and I will finish testing this bologna." Larry, [Name], Todd, and Ash then nodded in agreement before she spoke up once more.

"Exactly what I was thinking," Sal agreed. "Okay, we'll be back," Sal said as he through one last glance in [Name's] direction before he and Larry made their way to Packerton's classroom. "Larry, I'll need you to be my lookout. Wait by the door in case anyone came down here," Sal ordered as soon as the two of them entered the classroom.

"You got it," he nodded with a shake before stepping out of the room.

Without wasting another second, Sal's deep blue gaze instantly went to Packerton's desk.

'It I were a teacher, I'd definitely keep all my personal info in my desk,' he thought to himself as he made his way over t her desk. However, his hope's were crushed as he tried to open the drawer to no avail. It was locked.

"Ugh...hey Lar?" The bluenette called out to his friend on the other side of the door.

"Yeah?" Larry answered as he popped his head back inside the classroom.

"We have a bit of a problem, her desk drawer is locked."

"So? Just pick lock it. You do remember how, don't you?"

"I do but there's no key hole, it's a combo lock."

"Shit, dude. How the hell are we gonna get that thing open?"

"Okay, calm down and I'll figure this out," Sal reassured as he racked his brain for any clue's on what the code could be. That's when his blue gaze caught sight of the pie poster above the board.

'Well....I suppose it couldn't hurt to try and enter the first few numbers on the poster..' Sal shrugged to himself as his gaze went back to the combo lock, and much to his luck and amazement, the drawer popped open.

"I got it!" He shouted in momentary joy as he hastily pulled it open.

"Nice one, dude!" Larry praised as he leaned into the doorway. "What's inside?"

"Just a bunch of math papers and...hold on, there's a hidden compartment. Man, there's some freaky stuff in here."

"What is it??" Larry's curiosity then got the best of him as he temporarily abandon his post and sprinted over to Sal's side. That's when his brown gaze was met with the sight of a multitude of thing's: crystals, a bird skull, a bible, some strange metal object. It was an awful lot like Jim's puzzle box and seemed somewhat important.

Sal's painted nail's instantly shot out and grabbed it, when all of a sudden a familiar tingling sensation overcame him.

"Shit," he cursed under his breath.

"Is it happening again?" Larry asked as he took note of his friend's reaction.

"Yeah I-" but Sal never got the chance to finish what he was saying as his vision went blank and a white noise filled his head.