5|The King

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗
"Beauty may be dangerous
But
Intelligence is lethal"

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗"Beauty may be dangerous But Intelligence is lethal"

╚══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╝

My hair bounced off my shoulders as I exited the bakery, licking my finger sticky from fruit spread. I walked into town just for breakfast as Cyran forgot to buy foods for the day, he got distracted by the preparing of the arrival of the King. Apparently, Ned Stark has him doing some sort of job for him.

The King should be here soon with his family, the Queen and their children. The Lannisters and King's Guard, I'll know they're here when I see the sigils with a stag printed on them. Erebus and Cyran warned me this morning, I better be on my best behavior. That and I should not be alone with the King or Queen or any Lannister, one of them must accompany my side if so. I don't understand why, I just know they are not fond of the Lannisters. Not one bit.

I dusted my hands on the skirt of my gown immediately regretting it as crumbs sat on the newly gown Cyran bought for me. It's a pale blue like his eyes but a softer color that made my dark hair prominent, the curls were loose and free for the day. Presentation is everything, Cyran always says.

"Well if it ain't the puny little brat of the bitch village."

I turned around to meet three fairly large men, one with a scruffy red beard, another tall and bald, and a shorter chubby one. All with a look of hatred and disgust, their posture tall and attempting to be almighty. I recognize one from the tavern of that one awful steamy night where my impetuous nature was revealed.

I stood my ground, gripping onto the blade that hid inside a hidden pocket of my cloak. "What can I do for you three lads?" I asked plainly despite knowing they could be trouble but why approach me in the village and not on my solo walk to the castle?

"What can you do for us, aye?" The one with the red beard asked.

"That is what I said." I raised my eyebrow.

The chubby one chuckled "She's a Bane alright."

"Of course she is. Look at her! Hair dark as night, skin pale as the snow, eyes filled with the same arrogance. Only thing different is that she ain't got balls." The bald one sniggered, his yellow teeth showing. The other two fell into short laughs as well.

"Well of course not, I'm a girl." I said, ignoring their insults. "Only men do and even so, sometimes they act as if their weak and don't have any at all. I've seen it, I'm seeing it in front of me right now actually. You three, idiots. What kind of men approach a harmless girl just to terrorize her, the kind with no balls."

The smiles on their faces ceased as their eyes turned dark and angry. The one with a beard stepped forward with rage, his nostrils flared and expression were black. I took a step back, my hand gripping firmly on the blade as he inched closer.