Chapter 39

Evie's birthday is in a months time and we've started preparations. Kel and I are okay now, we've resumed back at the office and he's really concentrating on his business and still having time for us.

We just got back from work and I was really tired. Evie ran to greet us and keep carried her up twirling her around. I was do grateful for this moment, thankful that we were all together.

"Mr and Mrs Adrios, dinner is ready." The chef announced.

"We'd be down in a few." He replied.

   Kel had hired helps knowing that I couldn't really handle everything on my own. We went upstairs to freshen up and came down to eat. After dinner we talked about page for Evie's birthday. She said she wanted a princess themed party, she listed a lot of magical things she wanted and didn't get that she was only watching cartoons. Kel promised her that he'd make it happen. We talked for a while and we went to our room. Kel and I slept in the same room now, things between us has been good, there has been a lot of kisses and make out sessions. We haven't done anything major, I wasn't ready. Kel and I were laying in bed, I had my head on his chest and his hands around my waist.

"I want to hear how you have birth to Evie, everything I missed." Kel pleaded. I saw it in his eyes that he still regretted not being there.

"It's a long story Kel." I replied.

"I've got time all the time in the world to listen " he said taking my hand.

  " Okay I went into labour in the evening between six and seven. It was really painful. I didn't get to the hospital early and when I did it was worse. I couldn't push out the baby and so I did cs. I thought I told going to loose her, I thought I was going to loose her Kel. I lost too much blood after that and I was unconscious for a while. There were several complications during the pregnancy and the doctor told me that my womb couldn't house a baby, that it'd be difficult for me to get pregnant and if I did I wouldn't be able to survive it." I was nearly in tears recalling the events.

    "I'm so sorry Shayan." I could hear the pain in his voice and when I looked up at him, he was nearly in tears too. "I messed up big time didn't I?"

     He did but I wasn't going to tell him that, the guilt was already eating him too much and besides there's nothing that he'd have been able to do.

"It's okay Kel." I said and he engulfed me in a hug.

"How was she like?" He asked.

"Beautiful. She had your hair and eyes just like I thought she would, it was as if she didn't take after me at all, I was slightly jealous." I paused as he chuckled.
"There was also the birthmark under her feet." I smiled reminiscing that moment. "She was so tiny and really cute."

"I'd have liked to see that." He said sadly

  "I have an album, I tried capturing all her first, I kept them for you."

"I'd love to see that." He said letting out a small smile.

"We'd have to come out about Evie being ours soon. We've for a lot of interviews lined up. Do you think we should do it before or after her birthday?"

"After." I answered, it'd be better for us all.

  I was already imagining the backlash and all the comments people would leave on social media. I just hope it turns out well.

"It'd be fine Shayan, don't worry."

  "I hope so." I said cuddling him.

   I woke up the next morning to a text on my phone. I know about your secret with Kel, you can't fool the world forever.