Chapter Eighteen

OCTOBER 1st, 2019

Sheila

I ended up on the bed, and Zaivinth, on the couch. As much as I tried to get him on the bed he kept persisting I slept there. Saying things like, "what type of man would I be if I allowed you to sleep on the couch." Or to try and make me feel better, "This is a luxury bed compared to some of the places I had to sleep."

I woke up and the first thing I checked was the ceiling for another dead bird. I sighed in relief when I saw there was none. I rolled to my side to look at Zaivinth who was still fast asleep.

My eyes glanced to the window, it was dawn, the sun barely cracking over the trees and mountains in the distance. This was the time I would normally wake up, back at my old home. I did that so I could tend to my garden, now I didn't need to grow my own food.

The feeling was quite on. To depend on others, rather than yourself.

"Sheila are you awake?" I heard Zaivinth mumble, stretching his hands over his head. Don't tell me I woke him up.

"Yes, go back to sleep, it's only dawn." His scratchy morning voice was dangerous for both parties, it's best we both stayed quiet.

"I should get up." I saw him sit up, rubbing his face, trying to wake himself up. His black hair sticking out every which way. It was quite ironic to have black hair even though he is a white dragon.

"What in the world are you doing this early in the morning." I sat up and rested my back against the board behind me. I moved a pillow to support my back. I wanted to get a full view of what Zaivinth was trying to do.

"Training. Swords. Xion will be waiting." His broken speech made me giggle as he walked to the bathroom. He placed his hand on the handle. He was about to go in before he turned to me, "do you need to use the bathroom first?"

I waved him off, "no, go ahead." With that, he nodded and closed the door behind him. I flipped the covers off me, now my green nightgown, when down to the floor. I walked over to the balcony and pushed the glass doors open, leading me to the outside. I leaned on the quartz railing. There were lanterns on both sides of the rail.

The fire dogs leaped and played on the air. I couldn't touch them, because they would burn me. Though the are shy creatures and normally burn up when people pay too much attention to them. So I just admire them from a side glance.

I sighed and rested my head on my hands, looking out to the sunrise. This was peace. This is what peace felt like. I looked and looked and looked. On to when the sun was just over the trees completely.

I felt arms wrap around me. "Pondering future life decisions." Zaivinth put his nose to my neck, taking in my scent.

"No actually. I'm not thinking of much at all." I wrapped my hands around his arms. "Aren't you supposed to leave soon?"

"You want me to leave?" I saw the side of his face come into view. He had a pout on his lips, a playful look.

"Oh, you know I was joking." I turned in his arms and leaned on the railing. "Though, why don't I come see your practice." I looked at what he was wearing, he had a black coat with a shirt of elven green poking out underneath. His belt was leather with a golden buckle, that had some type of symbol engraved into it. Strapped to that belt was a beautiful sword that had an ivory handle.

"Hmm," he hummed in thought. "You will get bored." He shook his head. Denied.

"I won't."

"Yes."

"How do you know." I pouted my lip.

"I know." It was like talking to a wall.